2024 NIKE SB DUNK THREAD_____GRs and QSs added

"Just like the original."

#AlternateFacts
repped for the #AlternateFacts 

roll.gif

Last edited:
I think the question is how did shark come nightshade/team red

Shark is the tertiary color in the color code.

unDS'd these IWs in the rain today...comfort wise I think they're getting a worse rap than they deserve. The tongue is strapped down pretty snugly to the bottom of the shoe, but it actually felt pretty good on foot the way they were "hugging" my feet. Lunar on the insoles is negligible, I'd describe them as a mix between regular SB insoles and regular Dunk insoles.

My only real complaint is because of how low the tongue sits because of the straps, it's hard to wear them with the tongues out over your pants. It's minor, and I know some people prefer to wear their pants over the tongues anyway so I guess it's preferential.

Full retros with premium materials even at $130 would sell out instantly
I just don't get why not do this?
Jordan 1's got retro'd less than 10 years later and they are still going (mostly) strong

Please Nike do something special and give us noobs an opportunity to own those OGs without paying and arm and a leg

I don't know why anyone would be against this

There's a piece of me that wants the same things you want.

Then theres another piece that really respects Nike SB for staying true to their word and never retroing (despite a very few instances).

The remixed/ refreshed versions aren't always as big of a hit but it does give newer collectors a chance to own those similar colorways.

If it matters I still want a pair of Tiffany Lows, Lucky Highs, Iowas Highs, UNLV highs, Peewees, Skunks, and plenty of other Older heat. I've just accepted the fact that I may have to pay a premium for it.

Full retros with premium materials even at $130 would sell out instantly
I just don't get why not do this?
I don't understand why they haven't just done that as well. Knowing Nike SB they'll wait until the SB line is on it's last legs and then announce that they're truly retroing stuff. They could just throw in 4 true retros a year and I think that would build a good amount of hype now. That would give you one for each season. That would be a cool concept.

Did Nike say they wouldn't retro or reissue older styles?
Doesn't sound like anything they would say

I can see certain collabs NOT being retro'd or reissued because of who was part of the collab the first time
Like we won't see Supreme retros as I doubt Supreme would sign off on that
You won't see Pigeons because Jeff Staple would need a part of it (he might be cool with it, idk someone should ask him)
Zoo York or Choclate probably won't happen
Nike SB isn't as adventurous as it once was so forget about Skunks

But normal GR colorways that are now sought after are no brainers
I just don't get it
They retro/rerelease the same colorways in every other line.... why not SB?

I would love a pair of flash retros. I would even take the sandpaper suede that SB puts out these days. Just don't make them diet dunks.

Did Nike say they wouldn't retro or reissue older styles?
Doesn't sound like anything they would say

I can see certain collabs NOT being retro'd or reissued because of who was part of the collab the first time
Like we won't see Supreme retros as I doubt Supreme would sign off on that
You won't see Pigeons because Jeff Staple would need a part of it (he might be cool with it, idk someone should ask him)
Zoo York or Choclate probably won't happen
Nike SB isn't as adventurous as it once was so forget about Skunks

But normal GR colorways that are now sought after are no brainers
I just don't get it
They retro/rerelease the same colorways in every other line.... why not SB?
I hear you, but I don’t think those retros would be as hard to make happen as most folks think. I could see Preme signing off on retros being dropped or doing the highs in 3 new color ways instead of the orange/red/blue. As far as Jeff Staple goes, I think he’d do it. I always say that if SB could mend their issues with Nick Diamonds (It was pretty bad) and get back into the saddle with him, any relationship could be patched for business. I think if they approached Zoo, it’d be worked out. The only one I could see having issues possibly, would be Chocolate, because of what that dunk represents for them.

Last edited:
I hear you, but I don’t think those retros would as hard to make happen as most folks think. I could see Preme signing of on retros being dropped or doing the highs in 3 new color ways instead of the orange/red/blue. As far as Jeff Staple goes, I think he’d do it. I always say that if SB could mend there issues with Nick Diamonds (It was pretty bad) and get back into the saddle with him, any relationship could be patched for business. I think if they approached Zoo, it’d be worked out. The only one I could see having issues possibly, would be Chocolate, because of what that dunk represents for them.

I'm not hip what happened to SB and Nick Diamonds? They just did the Tiff highs a couple years back.

It would be ill to see 3 new colorways of Supreme Highs.

I like John's point about doing 4 decent retros a year. Thats just the right amount. JB has really oversaturated themselves with the retros and I would hate to see SB do that.

I may be in the minority but do you guys feel like Nike is putting less and less effort in its SB line. I've heard the grumblings for a while now but it seems clear to me that Nike SB is the red headed step child at this point. The box pack was a saving grace or 2016 would've had nothing for me.

SPEAKING of which I'm still looking for black boxes under 100. :tongue:

I'm not hip what happened to SB and Nick Diamonds? They just did the Tiff highs a couple years back.

It would be ill to see 3 new colorways of Supreme Highs.

I like John's point about doing 4 decent retros a year. Thats just the right amount. JB has really oversaturated themselves with the retros and I would hate to see SB do that.

I may be in the minority but do you guys feel like Nike is putting less and less effort in its SB line. I've heard the grumblings for a while now but it seems clear to me that Nike SB is the red headed step child at this point. The box pack was a saving grace or 2016 would've had nothing for me.

SPEAKING of which I'm still looking for black boxes under 100. :tongue:

Home Growns were butter, but for the most part you are spot on.

Maybe there isn't enough people interested in older dunks for it to be worth Nike's time
A lot of those early colorways were clean and pure and I can see it appealing to a younger crowd

Mentioning how Jordan has over done it and just thinking of the sheer numbers they produce vs what SBs make

Now that I am thinking big picture I can see why they won't.... making less than 20k pairs seems like more trouble than it's worth
Now that is a straight up guess on how many are made... I've heard less and I've heard more but with as few pairs move through my local I guess I can't be surprised if they make less than 10k units for most release

But still I'd buy the hell out of some quality retros

I don't understand why they haven't just done that as well. Knowing Nike SB they'll wait until the SB line is on it's last legs and then announce that they're truly retroing stuff. They could just throw in 4 true retros a year and I think that would build a good amount of hype now. That would give you one for each season. That would be a cool concept.
so what your saying is everyone should stop buying nike sbs so we can get the retro train rolling 
happy.gif

SB just isn't the focus anymore, unfortunately. The trend (hence, profits) right now is runners. More specifically, the minimal ones, not so much retro models. Nike is trying to compete with Adidas and chunky shoes like SBs aren't what people are chasing. I think someone here alluded to that as being the reason the lows are now slimmer and don't have the puffy tongues, which makes sense. It is sad though since the dunk silhouette has had so many unique colorways and SB especially has produced timeless shoes.

Edit & obvious: the one advantage to this market shift is that the hype machine isn't on SBs anymore so we can scoop up older pairs for cheaper. Awayguns by Q3 this year...I hope.

Last edited:
Got to talk to him at a sneaker event. Long story short, Nike was SUPER pissed that he started his own sneaker line and used the Tiffany colorway on one of his models. They had a bad relationship for years behind that. Nike doesn't like when people used there brand to get hype for things outside of it. When I talked to him, at that time, they had just gotten back on talking terms and were beginning discussions for the Tiff High.
Maybe there isn't enough people interested in older dunks for it to be worth Nike's time
A lot of those early colorways were clean and pure and I can see it appealing to a younger crowd
I don't think that's true. I think you have to pick the RIGHT SBs to drop and people will flock. Just look at all of the hype the Tiff highs brought. I remember what my local looked like on that day, there were kids out there that weren't even into sneakers when that dunk dropped. If that was a true retro of the Tiffany Dunk Low, it would have been worse then what it already was. If true retroing isn't worth Nike SBs time, then why even do the conversations? They're taking more of a chance with those then true retros but as you see, they keep pumping them out.    

so what your saying is everyone should stop buying nike sbs so we can get the retro train rolling 
happy.gif
laugh.gif
 I didn't say that but, it is what it is.
SB just isn't the focus anymore, unfortunately. The trend (hence, profits) right now is runners. More specifically, the minimal ones, not so much retro models. Nike is trying to compete with Adidas and chunky shoes like SBs aren't what people are chasing. I think someone here alluded to that as being the reason the lows are now slimmer and don't have the puffy tongues, which makes sense. It is sad though since the dunk silhouette has had so many unique colorways and SB especially has produced timeless shoes.
I don't think this is true totally either. Just because slim runners are the trend now, doesn't mean that's ALL that needs to be made. The Pink boxes are a "chunky shoe" and it moved like crazy. That thing sold extremely well. What does that tell you? If SB sits down and makes dope ****, it will sell. SB doesn't have to be the focus, the SB crowd has always been niche for the most part. They need to feed their consumer base and stop trying to dump on them with crap colorways and trash releases.   

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom