2024 NIKE SB DUNK THREAD_____GRs and QSs added

can anyone englighten on to doing out of state phone orders are shops still supposed to tax, Ive heard both sides of the story but more people say shops should not tax for out of state orders
Typically if its an out of state order the customer is not charged the local tax.
If it's a nationwide retail chain (such as Nike which has locations in basically every state), you should get charged your particular state's sales tax rate.  Some Nike outlets don't though (Deer Park being a prime example).

Most small shops don't know any better and will ring you up for retail+tax+shipping regardless.  It's up to the customer in that case to make sure that they force the issue.

Last edited:
the tax issue can be complicated when your dealing with a phone order vs online. some places a phone order is considered a local purchase so local tax applies.

also tax codes for business can be very complicated. a shop may just do a small amount of out of state sales so they just might charge tax on everything to avoid making their taxes more complicated.

the tax issue can be complicated when your dealing with a phone order vs online. some places a phone order is considered a local purchase so local tax applies.

also tax codes for business can be very complicated. a shop may just do a small amount of out of state sales so they just might charge tax on everything to avoid making their taxes more complicated.

Even online tax questions tho phone order or not state it depends on the state the product is being shipped for example me being in PA and PA doesn't have a tax on shoes by law I should never get charged tax if the case was it mattered on the state being shipped to

They want to make a law where online and shipping outta state is taxable but there is no such law yet as its to complicated therefore can't tax for out of state goods only instate

New Yak City is releasing the WOF's 9-13 tomorrow at 11:05 PST for phone orders if sizes are left 509-225-7669

Last edited:
45/50 states charge sales tax. If you live/purchase in one of those 45 you must pay it. If the merchant doesn't charge you technically you're supposed to report it on your tax return and pay it. Most online retailers only charge sales tax in certain states because of a concept called Nexus. This federal precedent only requires retailers to collect sales taxes in states where they have a physical presence aka B&M shops.

Because of Amazon states took it to the federal courts to make a federal laws because they were getting boned out of those sales tax revenues. States have also been cracking down on shops hence why more purchases are taxed. You either pay a sales tax or a use tax.

Even online tax questions tho phone order or not state it depends on the state the product is being shipped for example me being in PA and PA doesn't have a tax on shoes by law I should never get charged tax if the case was it mattered on the state being shipped to

They want to make a law where online and shipping outta state is taxable but there is no such law yet as its to complicated therefore can't tax for out of state goods only instate
i don't think you fully understand what your talking about.

for example you live in PA. now let's say you go to NYC and buy some shoes for $200. you HAVE pay NY tax. it's not like you show a PA id and not pay it. well depending on the local tax code some places consider a phone order the same as if you were standing there in person.

the other thing is there are tax documents that have to filed if your a B&M and mail order company vs just being a B&M. the state is not just gonna take their word for it that it was an out of state purchase. they want lot's of proof as to why they didn't get their cut. some shop don't have the resources to deal with all that so they just charge everyone tax too keep the tax man happy.

people start complaining about the tax to these places they might just stop doing phone orders all together. it's already more work for them to sell via phone orders as they have to pack and ship. it's not like the shoes won't sell with out phone orders. all they have to do is sell without a limit and local flippers will come and clean them out.

shipping out of state IS already taxable by law. if you buy a tv from amazon and they don't charge you tax your supposed to declare it and pay the tax when you file your state taxes. alot of people don't. that's why their trying to pass a law requiring the retailers to collect that tax.

i don't think you fully understand what your talking about.

for example you live in PA. now let's say you go to NYC and buy some shoes for $200. you HAVE pay NY tax. it's not like you show a PA id and not pay it. well depending on the local tax code some places consider a phone order the same as if you were standing there in person.

the other thing is there are tax documents that have to filed if your a B&M and mail order company vs just being a B&M. the state is not just gonna take their word for it that it was an out of state purchase. they want lot's of proof as to why they didn't get their cut. some shop don't have the resources to deal with all that so they just charge everyone tax too keep the tax man happy.

people start complaining about the tax to these places they might just stop doing phone orders all together. it's already more work for them to sell via phone orders as they have to pack and ship. it's not like the shoes won't sell with out phone orders. all they have to do is sell without a limit and local flippers will come and clean them out.

shipping out of state IS already taxable by law. if you buy a tv from amazon and they don't charge you tax your supposed to declare it and pay the tax when you file your state taxes. alot of people don't. that's why their trying to pass a law requiring the retailers to collect that tax.
i do understand what im talking about I never once said going to an out of state store and buying a thing I said shipping from an out of state to your home, two completely different things so i dont think you understand how to read

for those who ordered from Vertical Urge, your order probably went out last night.  if you have UPS MyChoice account, you'll be able to track.

So I finally found a pair of Ron Burgundys in a size 11 but the creasing on one shoe looks a bit bad...Would there be anyway to get rid of some of the creasing?

Thinking about grabbing a pair of Ron Burgundy's myself but I think I'm gonna hold out for the team red lows that drop in October. Nice pic up BTW.

i think ive heard those handheld clothes steamers can get creasing out, not sure if its for leather or only foam midsoles. google would be your best bet, or just put shoe trees in them and hope they can straighten out. a good place would be the customization thread here, ive seen a bunch of guys restoring jordans and straightening out the leather

That type of creasing is generally from overstuffing the toe. Even in the side angle it appears to still be over stuffed. There are instructions online that show something like an iron and a damp cloth. I'd avoid these and keep looking as you will end up altering the leather likely for the worse.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom