2024 NIKE SB DUNK THREAD_____GRs and QSs added

how many pairs do they usually make for GRs?
Numbers vary since GR/QS doesn't have anything to do with quantity. GR vs QS vs HS are differentiated by how the shoe is released.

GR = No set release date(RD), just released for a given month. Shops will have staggered releases since there is no set date they get them in or are allowed to put them up for sale

QS = Set RD, minimal details until close to RD

HS = Set RD, almost no info until just before RD making them more of a surprise and harder to cop

Feel free to correct the above info if I am not right on certain aspects. That is what I've gathered over the years and watching different releases.

Last edited:
Nobody can accurately answer that. Nike keeps it a secret. Anyone who tells you any number is not 100% sure, they're just guessing.
Larry is correct. Again, GR/QS/HS have nothing to do with quantities. They only have to do with the style of the release.

Last edited:
Larry is correct. Again, GR/QS/HS have nothing to do with quantities. They only have to do with the style of the release.
Thank you Dan. Anybody who claims there's only 500 pairs of this shoe or 200 of that is just trying to drive hype to further his/her resell profits. Shops do this as well, and I know that includes one of my favorite shops, but it just is what it is. Nike thrives on this, because hype drives up their ability to keep raising prices, while lowering quality, creating much wider profit margins.

Dan is probably reasonably accurate

Also Nike does occasionally number shoes even though sometimes they blatantly lie.

For example) the 2001 B/red and Royal ones are numbered but there are a few sets of numbers a few repeats among those numbers so they even lie then

Although I appreciate the help and advice in securing a pair for a close to retail as possible or under, I decided to get my pair early even though it meant paying extra. Got my pair in from CaliRoots and love them! They run slightly tight and even going .5 up, wish it were a little wider. Quality seems on point and hope the material holds up to lots of wears! 

Although I appreciate the help and advice in securing a pair for a close to retail as possible or under, I decided to get my pair early even though it meant paying extra. Got my pair in from CaliRoots and love them! They run slightly tight and even going .5 up, wish it were a little wider. Quality seems on point and hope the material holds up to lots of wears! 
VERY NICE! I will be copping for retail in the states. That's just a fact lol

Changed your mind huh? I remember you werent digging them initially. 
I didn't like the black suede with the cork. Kinda like how I wasn't too pleased with the toecap on the hacky sacks. But in any case, I changed my mind on the "cork hype" thing. Who cares what is hyped and what isn't? That shoe looks good, regardless, methinks.

**** '

#MakeSomeDuh

Back
Top Bottom