2024 NIKE SB DUNK THREAD_____GRs and QSs added

0:00GMT for the real win, I can place my order just before dinner. Shipping is always a pain though.

ok, i think i am starting to understand. 

as i am relatively new at this, i could not comprehend why someone would complain AT ALL about the box itself. therefore, i surmised that the complaint had something to do with the fact that a certain type of box reflected something about the shoe inside (availability, rarity, quality, etc). sounds stupid now that that is what i thought lol.

but now that you guys have explained why the quality of the box matters (and it will likely matter to me too as i continue with this) -  i get it. thanks.
Yeah, has nothing to do with what's inside. The 510's and tiff's came in the halfblack/halfblue box, whereas the SOMP's which are WAY more limited look to be only coming in the crappy all blue boxes. No rhyme or reason so far, just gotta take what you get.

Yeah. It is weird thought that there's no rhyme or reason (thusfar) to which shoes get which boxes. Availiability/quantities made have nothing to do with it. So what is the purpose of them? Not sure. but I do agree, I have so many orange boxes and they are DESTROYED, but still better quality than these non-glossy blue boxes which are like paper.

But as long as Nike doesn't go the Puma route I'll be happy. To me the toughest boxes are the NB classics with the double thick lid, those things are tanks.

I don't think I care much about the boxes. My only complaint with new blue boxes is that they don't have the gloss finish.

Never in the history of sneakerdom have i ever heard a dude score some wet wet (and good wet wet at that) because of sneakers. 

If anything, the trend right now is dudes want compliments from other dudes over kicks. Nah fam. I mean if it was a car like some chevelle or a vette, yea you getting some high maintenance box. But for kicks? 

Listen. I'm gonna keep it 100. Shoes are dope to me, but to your average woman who lowkey hip, they lookin at sneaker heads (thanks to the jordan hype ect..) like we some nerds. Thats just real. 
I think the sooner people come to the realization that this IS a nerdy hobby the better off everyone will be. I buy sneakers because I love them, my shoes were something I was into when growing up, even though I didn't bother to get deep enough into them to discuss the designers of the shoe, or the different feelings the design elements were supposed to evoke. When I hit my mid20s and I had a stable enough job with a lessening desire to go out all the time, I got into this first to find out a bit more about some of the shoes I'd had and then as a way to follow some of my favorite artists/designers in an accessible fashion. I don't think I'll ever be able to buy original works from some of the artists I respect, but I can chase after an obtainable piece when they work with sneaker manufacturers.
This right here.  It started with MJ and having a few skater homies growing up.  I have so much variety at this point due to just enjoying Nike as a whole, and because much of it is like artwork to me.  I have a deep appreciation for some of the designs.  It's my vice, not something that I really care to discuss outside of NT and a few select friends.  Anytime I meet a shorty who seems enamored by the material ish I have, it lets me know right away that it's going to be a quick smash and keep it moving type of deal.
non somp post !

little words needs to be said , yall know wat this is .  pick-up !
Fuego. 
smokin.gif
  There's a pair on my watch list that I refuse to pull the trigger on, lol.
Glad you ate well my dude.  Straight butter.

Last edited:
This dude I'm talking to on Facebook who copped from SPoT said they sold 12 pairs online and 6 in store...maybe this was an unknown HS or maybe more pairs will be allocated in the coming week

This right here.  It started with MJ and having a few skater homies growing up.  I have so much variety at this point due to just enjoying Nike as a whole, and because much of it is like artwork to me.  I have a deep appreciation for some of the designs.  It's my vice, not something that I really care to discuss outside of NT and a few select friends.  Anytime I meet a shorty who seems enamored by the material ish I have, it lets me know right away that it's going to be a quick smash and keep it moving type of deal.

Yup. Sneaker collecting is pretty much nerding out. And, if you aren't nerding out, then you are most likely just some poser getting into kicks to try to be cool.

And, if a girl is "impressed" by sneakers, then that pretty shows you much she's got going for herself. If she's giving it up for you rocking some fly kicks, then chances are she's given it up for less than that MANY, MANY, MANY times in the past.

my god I just read the dude talking about limited kicks :rofl:

This sounds good. ...I gotta check this. I'll be back,

Premier coming through in the clutch, already sent me a tracking number. Gotta love great cust service like that. 

Yup. Sneaker collecting is pretty much nerding out. And, if you aren't nerding out, then you are most likely just some poser getting into kicks to try to be cool.

And, if a girl is "impressed" by sneakers, then that pretty shows you much she's got going for herself. If she's giving it up for you rocking some fly kicks, then chances are she's given it up for less than that MANY, MANY, MANY times in the past.
 Preach!

Sooo anyone else cop the matching g shock?

G-Shock came out in October, they're mostly gone from shops now. I had to look up when it came out when I noticed that it had Safari print too. I posted a picture of the face when someone was clowning the minimalist design these dunks had.

edit: If I wore watches regularly, I'd probably track it down, I like the minimal look to it, but I haven't worn watches much since I jacked my arm up back in 04 falling off a balcony at a friend's house.

the nerves came back a little too clustered at the end of that cut and when I wear a watch it ends up feeling like I'm being pinched after an hour.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom