2024 NIKE SB DUNK THREAD_____GRs and QSs added

lmao
laugh.gif
 rep'd for the laughs.

I'll in the same boat as you.  I used to only rock designer jeans and the quality on those are a little better than say Levi's, but I was paying 2 or 3 times if not more just for one pair.  After a while, it just didn't make sense for me to spend thousands on just jeans alone to "impress" other people.  In the end, I mainly rock Levi's now.  If that makes me look cheap even with a nice pair of sneakers, then so be it.  As I get older, I find that being so materialistic doesn't get me anywhere.  It's all just an image.  No disrespect to those who only rock high end jeans, more power to you. But at this stage in my life money in the bank means more to me than looking good nowadays.  If I had the extra income now to buy  nicer jeans, I would.  I'm not going to lie, some of the fits from Nt'ers are very well put together.  
I'm 18 so I need a few nice pairs but it really doesn't make sense to buy a bunch of pairs of nice jeans.. 80-100 is good enough I don't have enough to spend 300 all the time. That being said some good denim is a good investment every now and then.

Nah just a silly running joke about NTers wearing dad jeans. Which is why I wear chinos
smokin.gif
I like to switch it up once in a while, I've been mostly wearing Nike tech fleece pants, cargo shorts or chinos. Some of the aforementioned bottoms that I have just don't go well with certain CWs of SBs.
Just chinos and bermuda shorts for me. Unless I'm going to like the supermarket or just picking up my sister from school or something. Then I pull out the NTdenim and wear it with pride
laugh.gif

What do you think about these GRs that just released a few weeks ago?

laugh.gif
Patiently waiting for a sale on these.

I'll in the same boat as you.  I used to only rock designer jeans and the quality on those are a little better than say Levi's, but I was paying 2 or 3 times if not more just for one pair.  After a while, it just didn't make sense for me to spend thousands on just jeans alone to "impress" other people.  In the end, I mainly rock Levi's now.  If that makes me look cheap even with a nice pair of sneakers, then so be it.  As I get older, I find that being somewhat materialistic doesn't get me anywhere.  It's all just an image.  No disrespect to those who only rock high end jeans, more power to you. But at this stage in my life money in the bank means more to me than looking good nowadays.  If I had the extra income now to buy  nicer jeans, I would.  I'm not going to lie, some of the fits from Nt'ers are very well put together.  
Same as you. I rock levi's exclusively when it comes to jeans. Don't really see the need spend triple the amount on some denim. I would rather use that money on another shoe or dump it in my retirement accounts.

i hate pants but unfortunately i live in cleveland. i'd def wear shorts daily if i could
Im in the midwest also and cant wait for it warm up.Might be mid may tho.

I love kicks with shorts.I know this is the sb thread but kobe 8s and shorts>>>>>

I think sb lows look to wide on my feet.

Patiently waiting for a sale on these.

Same as you. I rock levi's exclusively when it comes to jeans. Don't really see the need spend triple the amount on some denim. I would rather use that money on another shoe or dump it in my retirement accounts.
Me too now also.Plus they have some crazy sales all year round to get some great prices on their expenisve jeans.

I think fit and correct sizing>>>>Price and quality of jeans unless its JNCO lol.

I noticed people just have their jeans to big or to long.

Me too now also.Plus they have some crazy sales all year round to get some great prices on their expenisve jeans.

I think fit and correct sizing>>>>Price and quality of jeans unless its JNCO lol.

I noticed people just have their jeans to big or to long.
Ooooh damn @ddash  went oldschool with the JNCO mention
laugh.gif
laugh.gif
laugh.gif

I'm 18 so I need a few nice pairs but it really doesn't make sense to buy a bunch of pairs of nice jeans.. 80-100 is good enough I don't have enough to spend 300 all the time. That being said some good denim is a good investment every now and then.
18? That makes me feel real old now. Lol (I'm 34). I think this is all just a live and learn type of deal.  When I was young, I blew away all my money on material things.  Only recently within these past few years I realized, with the help of my lady of course, that I should really save up.  Only then did I learn that my future is most important.  And stability for my future comes from what's saved, not spent.  Again, more power to those that could afford the nicer things in life and at the same time still have money in the bank.

Anyways, back to the topic of dunks.  I'm totally excited for tomorrow's release of the 510's.  Coming from the bay, I have to pick these up in support for the local shops.  Especially in camo, I'm a sucker for cam print.

Is it actually cold there as well or is it just wet and rainy? I ask cause I wanna know if your feet are burning up cause of the wool mateials used throughout the shoe. Cause I don't plan on wearing mines till winter but I been itching to break em out lately lol

Lol the wool doesn't really make a heat difference to me. Even when I skated them (no major tricks lol) they didn't feel hot. It's about 65 degrees also. Break them bad boys out bro lol enjoy your kicks.

I have 2 pairs of True's and I have to say the quality on them is not that much better than Levi's. Trues are a little better but not enough better to make me pay $100 more lol

Trues are not my style, nor are they view highly in the denim scene. I got into quality selvage just because I wanted a pair that would last a while. After a few pairs I was hooked. Now that I'm older I don't care for baggy fit jeans and most of the less expensive jeans are all way to loose for my taste(straight fit not skinny)

If the firecrackers would have used that design on the back on more parts of the shoe.. They would hav been a home run

Need a nike sb ID with fat tongue option and various materials..I would go to town

Denim Talk Off Topic-

I became a selvedge convert back in 07, but I only buy on the cheap. I've got dozens of pairs of chinos for work and normal wear, and I try to add 1 or 2 pair of denim to my collection each year, right now I'm up to 5 pairs of Nudies in the cuts I've really liked over the years, 2 pairs of Levis, and a pair of JCrew selvedge. I've had my eye on a few pairs of Levis Made and Crafted, but they keep running out of my size when I'm ready to buy a pair of jeans.

Dress Down Talk Off Topic-
I work for a law firm, officially the policy is no regular set dress down days, we do "charity" days where they let you dress down occasionally for money, and the odd dress down around holidays. Today and Monday are dress down days for me with a Mardi Gras theme. I'm the office court runner though so I'm out running the streets all day and have next to 0 interactions with actual clients so they don't really complain about my sneaker wears. The court clerks love it, and it gives them something to talk about with me. I transitioned from being the T-shirt guy when I first started doing this type of work in college as an independent that was allowed to wear anything to work, to the sneaker guy when I started working for a big firm exclusively. I doubt I'd be as serious about this hobby if I only got to wear my pairs on Sat/Sun/after work.

Quick question for old sb heads?

Is the crazy and unique style of sbs done?

The old sbs are so dope.

Back
Top Bottom