2024 NIKE SB DUNK THREAD_____GRs and QSs added

Mine came with the toe indention already in place people are complaining about.. Popped a shoe tree in and it seems to be fine after 2 wears so far..
Yea, I'm pretty satisfied how they are holding up considering the materials, plus they haven't left my feet for about a week.
these have potentail
wet.
Retail price is $108 and nikestore will be releasing them on 2/8
If someone can confirm this, then production numbers are likely pretty high. No way the swoosh would release something as sought after at the lower QS price point unless production was going to be large.

Lol I remember spending the whole day driving around LI with my boy Ed to different shops only going by word of mouth when they decided to start selling the diamond lows. 

Ended up at Long Beach at the right now. He copped at $150. And I passed bc it wasnt box price lol

Dont think I ever recovered from that to this day

Last edited:
Nike will just make high top versions of low tops and we are going to pretend those aren't retroes?

I dont think it counts, its almost a retro but its not the same exact shoe, like the jordan 8 low for example, if i want the regular version of that shoe i wouldnt be satisfied with the lowtop and vice versa, its just not exact the same. same with 11s, lows do not equal highs. They are definitely recycling the colorway though

Lol I remember spending the whole day driving around LI with my boy Ed to different shops only going by word of mouth when they decided to start selling the diamond lows. 

Ended up at Long Beach at the right now. He copped at $150. And I passed bc it wasnt box price lol

Dont think I ever recovered from that to this day
I remember buying my pair at Fishbone for $250.  I was a little salty as when I went to pick them up, the owner literally checked eBay in front of me to see what they were going for.  I copped a second pair off of eBay a couple of months later for $300.  

And yeah, I remember the madness of that thread back in 05.

Maybe the wrong thread, but:

I'm working on some custom ideas and it would save me some time if someone had some blank vector files of the SB Dunk High and Low outlines... PM me if you do. 

Maybe the wrong thread, but:

I'm working on some custom ideas and it would save me some time if someone had some blank vector files of the SB Dunk High and Low outlines... PM me if you do. 

should be easy enough for you to convert into a vectored image...

Last edited:
ok, what does a meth and red shoe look like, all black like the blackout album? brown and green for blunts? what is their 1 signature that immesiately says meh and red that they can put on a shoe? Do they make a hendrix version of the mama bears with his fro as the fur? cause he didnt have 1 single pattern he always wore it was a lot of random tie dye, so does any tie die = hendrix shoe? Does a bob marley shoe mean they just slap a lion on there, or does it look like 2013 BHMs. A lot of those people can get a shoe but to tie it in with 420 the execution isnt easy. Theres even more famous stoners than what yall mentioned, its not just about the people but what makes the shoe a cool shoe and still make sense, thats the hard part.
Again, I agree, the ideas make sense when you mention the artists due to their connection with the 420 idea, but as for execution, you are correct.  It would be difficult to make a shoe that connects said artists to the idea and a marketable product.  Although, I have to think that a Hendrix SB would have to be purple for obvious reasons. 
pimp.gif

There were these "Purple Haze" samples that never released from a few years back. I remember John00 describing his ideas for a Jimi Hendrix themed dunk awhile back in one of his "questions of the week". I think designers can come up with plenty of ideas for different themes that some of us might never think of as well. Sometimes they are on point and sometimes they come up short though.

Quote:

Originally Posted by drprince89  

ok, what does a meth and red shoe look like, all black like the blackout album? brown and green for blunts? what is their 1 signature that immesiately says meh and red that they can put on a shoe? Do they make a hendrix version of the mama bears with his fro as the fur? cause he didnt have 1 single pattern he always wore it was a lot of random tie dye, so does any tie die = hendrix shoe? Does a bob marley shoe mean they just slap a lion on there, or does it look like 2013 BHMs. A lot of those people can get a shoe but to tie it in with 420 the execution isnt easy. Theres even more famous stoners than what yall mentioned, its not just about the people but what makes the shoe a cool shoe and still make sense, thats the hard part.

mean.gif

^ Speaks for itself

Remember their Bufu line 
laugh.gif

^ Individual heel tags for each characters shoe

^ picture the guitar insoles and rasta beanie accents.

If you just look at the characters/artists i posted and just glance at these images above for example and couldnt implement this as inspiration and create a dope sb dunk out these google images alone, for a serious 420 themed design, you sir have no imagination. 
indifferent.gif

*speechless* 

Last edited:
I feel like the ideas are all there, but for the artists that have been mentioned and others,lets be honest, pleasing the masses would be extremely difficult to say the least.  I'm sure we would all have our ideas of what the kicks should look like, but for artists that some of us hold dear, in our heads the execution would/should be perfect.  You would hate to think that what some would consider to be iconic kicks, would be a disappointment after releasing.  I don't listen to his music, but a Willie Nelson SB would be perfect for 420!

Nelson220x330.jpg

I feel like the ideas are all there, but for the artists that have been mentioned and others,lets be honest, pleasing the masses would be extremely difficult to say the least.  I'm sure we would all have our ideas of what the kicks should look like, but for artists that some of us hold dear, in our heads the execution would/should be perfect.  You would hate to think that what some would consider to be iconic kicks, would be a disappointment after releasing.  I don't listen to his music, but a Willie Nelson SB would be perfect for 420!

Nelson220x330.jpg

Nelson220x330.jpg

thank you thats a great way to explain it, cause i would think thats a terrible idea for a marley 420 sneaker just cause theres so many similiar colored dunks already. Rasta color dunks have been dropping pretty steadily for a while.

Willie nelson is a good one too, i can see him more than the others cause he always wears the american flag/colors.

Quote:

Originally Posted by drprince89 
^ picture the guitar insoles and rasta beanie accents.

If you just look at the characters/artists i posted and just glance at these images above for example and couldnt implement this as inspiration and create a dope sb dunk out these google images alone, for a serious 420 themed design, you sir have no imagination. :stoneface:

*speechless* 

I feel like youre making my point for me

The hendrix i cant argue with though, it just doesnt really tie in with the 420 part that well, of course him by relation, but his logo and wearing purple, and his scarves does not equal 420. The cool part about the cheech and chongs is that they peel away to the green under, and its even a tie in to their van made of bud in the movie, thats a GREAT idea, and its not so easy to come up with something of that level of connection.
youre missing the whole point of it tying into 420, yes bob marley smoked and he was known for it but what ties putting his beanie and guitar on the shoe with 420. The only one that would is the how high but i dont want got blunt and got weed on the heel of my shoes, thats just corny to me, so that was my point about execution and putting out something everyone can relate to. But no soubt all of those people would be cool sb shoes in general.

No need to ask me if im serious, its just an opinion and no one is right.

Last edited:
I am not even sure that there will be a hyperstrike; you would think some kind of word would have come out by now

Nike SB has done shoes for far well more niche themes than artists like Jimi, Willie, Snoop, or other extremely famous stoners. The concept doesn't have to relate all that blatantly to 420, per se, because if they release on 420 and the inspiration is a famous stoner, then that's all the connection that's needed. I'm not saying they should continue the line or do any of the ideas posted, but the idea that they aren't mainstream or signature enough (after OP suggested Wiz freaking Khalifa, like anybody knows who THAT is compared to the Greatful freaking Dead!!) isn't credible, IMO. Besides, the whole idea of a 420 release is that this is a niche, almost inside joke anyway.

Back
Top Bottom