2024 NIKE SB DUNK THREAD_____GRs and QSs added

I think it’s safe to say that a skateshop in Greece getting an SB collab, and the exposure that comes with that, and them picking a theme (not the only item they’re known for but definitely one of the more known) that would be easily recognizable, is different then ANOTHER US based skateshop (many have collabed from the US, whereas I don’t have any knowledge of any previous Greek shops) basing their pair on a hotdog. Again, they’re not dope to me, but I get why they’d pick that. If an Asian shop based their pair on a regional dish, or an African shop on their regional dish, or any other country using a regional dish as their inspiration, especially if their region hasn’t been represented in the past by other shops, using something easily recognizable or identifiable makes tons of sense.

I think it’s safe to say that a skateshop in Greece getting an SB collab, and the exposure that comes with that, and them picking a theme (not the only item they’re known for but definitely one of the more known) that would be easily recognizable, is different then ANOTHER US based skateshop (many have collabed from the US, whereas I don’t have any knowledge of any previous Greek shops) basing their pair on a hotdog. Again, they’re not dope to me, but I get why they’d pick that. If an Asian shop based their pair on a regional dish, or an African shop on their regional dish, or any other country using a regional dish as their inspiration, especially if their region hasn’t been represented in the past by other shops, using something easily recognizable or identifiable makes tons of sense.
For sure, I wouldn’t consider this theme any different than street hawkers. Regional cuisine is a huge part of cultural identity. I just hate the way they look personally lol

Craters today
6328AE13-29EB-479F-A6B7-238569BC0C75.jpeg

Back
Top Bottom