2023 MLB Thread; Say Hey, everybody: Rest In Power, Willie

200245139b28fdb879508479e07ee116.jpg

Been telling everyone Braves aren’t making it out of this round. Phillies will probably win in 4, wouldn’t be shocked if they sweep them.
Not taking care of business in Atlanta tonight has me concerned. Trying to win in Philly is going to be a hard task.

I told my sales team to pitch like Kershaw in the playoffs so we can get some home runs. :lol:

Not taking care of business in Atlanta tonight has me concerned. Trying to win in Philly is going to be a hard task.
You’re only concerned after game 1? The writing has been on the wall all season. Phillies own Atlanta when it counts, in the postseason.

It’s wild to me how everyone has amnesia regarding offensive regular season juggernauts with mediocre pitching. Once the playoffs start those offensive teams bats go silent and the mediocre pitching is magnified.

I honestly don’t know if all that “crown the Braves” talk was sarcasm or an attempt at jinxing them. If it’s the latter, they don’t need anyone’s help, they got that all by themselves :lol:

You’re only concerned after game 1? The writing has been on the wall all season. Phillies own Atlanta when it counts, in the postseason.

It’s wild to me how everyone has amnesia regarding offensive regular season juggernauts with mediocre pitching. Once the playoffs start those offensive teams bats go silent and the mediocre pitching is magnified.

I honestly don’t know if all that “crown the Braves” talk was sarcasm or an attempt at jinxing them. If it’s the latter, they don’t need anyone’s help, they got that all by themselves :lol:
I’ll get back to you soon.

He isn't washed. He just sucks in the playoffs.

the fastball is below 90 mph and the curve aint hitting or locating like it used to. he definitely had a great season (even by his lofty standards) but between the injuries and the playoff disasters, maybe it's time for him to be a family man. it's that or reinvent himself as a Greg Maddux type working off the slider, curve, and splitter/changeup with pinpoint accuracy.

edit: the man is a baseball legend, but father time is undefeated. especially with the injuries...time to ride off into the sunset with the kids to Texas.

Back
Top Bottom