2023 MLB Thread; Say Hey, everybody: Rest In Power, Willie

Corey Seager in most any other year is running away with MVP...

And Ohtani's blitzed him.

Insanity.

Not really. Seager been on IL too many days...someone wouldve raised a stink about that any other season. I thought he had a sneaky outside chance prior to his latest IL stint, but that's why Ohtani running away with it. There's nothing to think about at this point.

While away, kyle Tucker and Bo Bichette were creeping up there too, but now Bo hurt...it wouldve at least been a conversation.

Last edited:
If Judge doesn’t have his season last year Ohtani would have 3peat :pimp: :smh:

All these years the media tried to make us believe Trout was the best player in baseball :lol:

Not really. Seager been on IL too many days...someone wouldve raised a stink about that any other season. I thought he had a sneaky outside chance prior to his latest IL stint, but that's why Ohtani running away with it. There's nothing to think about at this point.

While away, kyle Tucker and Bo Bichette were creeping up there too, but now Bo hurt...it wouldve at least been a conversation.
Bichette, maaaaaybe.

Tucker ain’t even in the ballpark.

Hasn’t seager missed like 40 games? He’ll probably end up missing 50+ games. Has anyone ever won it missing that many games?

He's gotta play the rest of the way, for sure. Josh Hamilton won his around 125ish games played. Guys have won them playing ~110-115 games... It's rare but it happens.

Even with the time missed, he's second in WAR, second in OPS, leading the AL in batting average, playing a premium position on a team that defensively is near the top of the league in every defensive metric - and the Rangers metrics are drastically better with him on vs. off.

Ohtani's run away, obviously. But there's just not even a real tangible conversation for second other than "oh this guy played more".

All depends on what "best" consists of because if you consider body of work then of course it's Trout. If you put more weight to the past 5 seasons, to determine the best current player, then it gets a lot more interesting. It's obviously Ohtani and then everyone else, but you can make a case Trout may not even be top 3 the past 5 years...

Lol why are you pinning Ohtani and Trout against each other? Before Ohtani arrived in the US, Trout was the best player in baseball. Now it’s clearly Shohei.
My bad, I shoulda separated the two statements a little better. Wasn’t necessarily comparing the two.

This is gonna get tricky going forward cause Ohtani can almost win the MVP every year barring injury.

It's literally all soft contact dinky **** so far.

They haven't hit a single ball hard or on a line and have six hits. It's bizarre.

I didn't see the 1st inning, but definitely the case in the 2nd. He probably settles in, but nearly 60 pitches thru 2, this might be a Martin Perez game soon.

I didn't see the 1st inning, but definitely the case in the 2nd. He probably settles in, but nearly 60 pitches thru 2, this might be a Martin Perez game soon.
It was even worse in the first inning.

Just soft stuff that found holes in the shifts.

Back
Top Bottom