2023 MLB Thread; Say Hey, Charlie Hustle: Rest In Power, Willie. RIP, Pete.

Texas
holeup.png

Doubt there is an investigation.. a lot of teams probably do it at some level. Astros just to be wildin with it.

Sucks. But the angle that sucks the most is how he mentioned some young players could get absolutely rocked and never see the big leagues again.

Feel like gabe will learn from his mistakes..seems like SF will fit him really well

one this that pissed me off most with him is how he never held any player accountable.. if someone dontrun out a grounder BENCH THEM

his pitching changes were very iffy but again phils had nothing to work with in the BP

Yankees had stints where they had extended injuries to their:
Starting C, Starting 1B, Starting SS, Year ended for starting 3B, Starting CF, Starting RF, Almost full year of DH, then their everyday LF who was a nobody and then played at an All Star level, their # 1 Starter, their 5th starter, three depth SPs, and their Set Up man and I feel I’m forgetting some guys.
And the team never dipped.

now if you want to argue payroll. Then Rays almost have half the payroll of the Twins and play in a much tougher division.

the AL Central was the weakest division in baseball. Both AL East teams had better years with bigger barriers.

Baldelli winning is a joke.

Twins won 23 more games than last year on his first year as a manager.

Yankees 3
Rays 6

Seems fair :lol:

Definitely is not fair. Boone dealt with literally 30 IL stints. And we embarrassed the Twins in the postseason.

Thought this was Boone's award to lose IMO.

Definitely is not fair. Boone dealt with literally 30 IL stints. And we embarrassed the Twins in the postseason.

Thought this was Boone's award to lose IMO.

I don't think the postseason is part of the voting criteria though.

Baldelli in his first year as a manager took a 78 win team and turned them into a 101 win team. That's an achievement. The Yankees deal with adversity yeah and they/Boone deserve recognition for persevering, but to say the result is unfair is not true. Any one of the three mentioned would have been fine.

Back
Top Bottom