2023 MLB Thread; Say Hey, Charlie Hustle: Rest In Power, Willie. RIP, Pete.

Oak is 50-40 in that tough *** AL west and Gleyber has been balling for the Yanks who could be 1st in the AL EAST if they didn't have 93 rainouts playing 4 games less than Boston.

Either are more deserving than Altuve who struggled through what seemd like 60 of the 90 or so games first half, but give me Lowrie for sure starting, for sure.....then Gleyber

I also like Segura over Machado and Lindor, he's been one of THE MOST consistent players at ANY position in both Leagues much less AL.
I understand votes go off a lot of things but my lineup would look much different from a "deserving" stand point.

Oak is 50-40 in that tough *** AL west and Gleyber has been balling for the Yanks who could be 1st in the AL EAST if they didn't have 93 rainouts playing 4 games less than Boston.

Either are more deserving than Altuve who struggled through what seemd like 60 of the 90 or so games first half, but give me Lowrie for sure starting, for sure.....then Gleyber
What are you going on about?

So Oak being 50-40 in the tough AL west should be a case for him but not the Astros being #1 in that same division?
Altuve is top 5 in WAR :lol:
An .850 OPS being a struggle is basically what Lowrie has been hitting on the year :lol:
Gleyber's having a fine year but in a smaller sample size than the two above.

Pass the weed.

Lowrie > Gleyber > Altuve
Astros.jpg

Last edited:
HR - 1st (tied)
RBI - 1st
SLG - 1st
Doubles - 2nd
OPS - 2nd
WAR - 2nd
Avg - 3rd
OBP - 3rd
Hits - 3rd

This is what lowrie is putting up this season. Don’t let no Astros fan tell you no ********. Altuve is not more deserving than jed, and that’s that

HR - 1st (tied)
RBI - 1st
SLG - 1st
Doubles - 2nd
OPS - 2nd
WAR - 2nd
Avg - 3rd
OBP - 3rd
Hits - 3rd

This is what lowrie is putting up this season. Don’t let no Astros fan tell you no bull****. Altuve is not more deserving than jed, and that’s that

Before today (they both homered today though so their stats will be higher)
HR: Altuve has 8. Lowrie has 15.
RBI: Altuve has 43. Lowrie has 61.
SLG: Altuve .482. Lowrie .503
Doubles: A - 23, L - 25
OPS: A - .888, L - .862 (Altuve at a 152 OPS+, Lowrie at a 139 OPS+)
WAR: A - 4.6, L - 3.3
Avg: A- .339, L - .291
OBP: A - .406, L - .359
Hits: A - 121, L - 99

Lowrie has been a slightly better power hitter and has more RBIs.
Altuve has better #'s elsewhere (the most important one being WAR, which he's a full point ahead of) and is on the best team in the division/nearly tied for first in the entire league. Tuve also strikes out less, has more walks, and steals bags.

Your gripe is with Gleyber, not Altuve. Altuve got 4.8M votes; he was the top vote-getter. Gleyber is the one who got the players' vote over Jed and has like half the ABs. How is this even an argument :rofl:

19 years ago today, Florida State's Marshall McDougall hit 6 home runs and had 16 RBIs in the SAME GAME ...

had a ballgame ...

Teams out here partnering up for votes :lol: :smh:

Goldschlugger has been on a rip lately. He started so badly. I think he's a great player though...Arizona is the definition of treading water.

My friends fantasy team is appreciative of this turnaround he's had the past month-plus.

Aaron Hicks: .259/.359/.523, 16 HR, 42 RBI, 7 SB, 2.9 WAR
George Springer: .248/.333/.425, 15 HR 43 RBI, 6 SB, 2.2 WAR

Eddie Rosario should be an all star.

They should've put Castellanos from the Tigers over Brantley. Rosario over Springer. Basically just swap the teams representatives and those two would be more deserving over the two outfielders that got in. According to Verlander, the players' vote was like weeks before voting closed, rather than days, so that could explain some issues.

Snell over Jimenez. Morton over Berrios.

Paxton would be the next pitcher up. or McHugh if they needed a reliever.

Back
Top Bottom