2023 MLB Thread; Say Hey, Charlie Hustle: Rest In Power, Willie. RIP, Pete.

Losers of eight straight, the Rangers send Max Scherzer to the mound tonight to try to salvage their season…

Timing is wild :smh:

D5FEAAFB-7C29-40AD-B090-7FCE69E94D7A.jpeg
8D325093-CF86-4E3D-9748-8E145B8209E8.jpeg

Supposedly it’s being reported they offered it to him the first time he felt fatigued/numbness in his fingers but he and his agent turned it down. That just came out today. I don’t know if that’s just spin from the Angels PR department at this point though.
Has this been confirmed? This can’t be real. Yankees ****in get you X-rays and scans if a player coughs. Your best player not getting checked out is unthinkable.

Supposedly it’s being reported they offered it to him the first time he felt fatigued/numbness in his fingers but he and his agent turned it down. That just came out today. I don’t know if that’s just spin from the Angels PR department at this point though.
Yeah I just read that too. Thing is, can a player refuse if a team straight insists he gets one? If they scheduled one, told him, and he refused adamantly then yeah it’s most definitely on him. What I hate is this picture now being painted like Ohtani refused the scan because it could impact his free agency. MF just wants to keep playing..

Yeah I just read that too. Thing is, can a player refuse if a team straight insists he gets one? If they scheduled one, told him, and he refused adamantly then yeah it’s most definitely on him. What I hate is this picture now being painted like Ohtani refused the scan because it could impact his free agency. MF just wants to keep playing..
I really don’t think he could decline if the team insists because contractually, it would be at their discretion. They could take some sort of action against him if they scheduled one and he refused.

Y’all love trashing the Angels (rightfully so), but this is on Ohtani.
If anything it’s on both. In reality though, it’s on the Angels. Ohtani is their employee and under contract. He doesn’t have final say.

Another month left but man, really looks like it can be Mookie’s year. Would be the 2nd to win MVPs in both leagues. Crazy to think he just lost out in that short 2020 season to Freddie too…

Another month left but man, really looks like it can be Mookie’s year. Would be the 2nd to win MVPs in both leagues. Crazy to think he just lost out in that short 2020 season to Freddie too…

his AL MVP in 2018 doesn't count because the red sox cheated that year. i've been told that's how this works.

yoo anyone watching the little league world series?? whewww Curaçao was looking DOA against California but they just smacked a grand slam to tie it

even though i’m from CA, seeing kids from a small island win it all would be dope

yoo anyone watching the little league world series?? whewww Curaçao was looking DOA against California but they just smacked a grand slam to tie it

even though i’m from CA, seeing kids from a small island win it all would be dope
Thought I was the only one watching. 🤣

Back
Top Bottom