2023 MLB Thread; Say Hey, Charlie Hustle: Rest In Power, Willie. RIP, Pete.

What could he have said that would have been acceptable to you?
Yeah to a degree I was pissed we lost. I am better today, but this sucks. I just felt Trout and Betts didn’t play up to par in this tournament and feel we could have won yesterday if they would have been clutch.

Overall at the end of the day, this is great for baseball. I hope the Olympics pick up baseball again and future WBC tournaments would be mid season and get 98% of the players to play, so get an all in tournament.

1679568609538.gif

Dodgers, Mets, and Yankees arms race will be fun to watch though. It's going to be fun to hear the numbers thrown out there after the season, media mentioned $500-600M but I think someone offers $700M.

However, I predict him leaving money on the table and going to a smaller market like Seattle, who may do $600M/10-11 years, with some deferred. Would anyone actually hate that move besides Astros and Angels fans?

Dodgers, Mets, and Yankees arms race will be fun to watch though. It's going to be fun to hear the numbers thrown out there after the season, media mentioned $500-600M but I think someone offers $700M.

However, I predict him leaving money on the table and going to a smaller market like Seattle, who may do $600M/10-11 years, with some deferred. Would anyone actually hate that move besides Astros and Angels fans?

Woah woah woah - Yankees ain’t gunna be in it

But I agree - and Nintendo does still own 10% of the M’s

Here we go again ..

500 million ?

A Billion ?

For a golden child who's never hit .300 and had 100 rbi's once ? U guys need to stop already. He's a great ballplayer but let's give it a lil time. Babe Ruth hit over .300 16 times, his highest was .393 .. wasn't the greatest pitcher but pitched 22 seasons. Not arguing with u guys. He'll get 450 ish cause of the hype train but stop with this GOAT **** ...

giphy (26).gif

Last edited:
I'm excited for the season to start. The firm I work for is taking us all out to the ballpark on Opening Day against the Mets

My office is a 10 minute drive to Marlins Park so I can't wait to sneak out of the office early for day games

“The firm I work for”

Bro you RUN the firm - I seen your LinkedIn the other day b

Are the Yankees reported as out? I wasn't aware of that.

Imagine Nintendo making a 'Shohei Ohtani Presents Major League Baseball' game LOL!
No they're not but some of us feel we may not be in the running with how we've viewed spending the last few off seasons. I think if we have some hiccups this year and miss this year, there maybe a lot of pressure to change that.

Woah woah woah - Yankees ain’t gunna be in it

But I agree - and Nintendo does still own 10% of the M’s

A lot of reports have said Ohtani does not like the East Coast and the cold weather. His preference is the West Coast. Most of the teams he spoke to and visited when he first came over from Japan were West Coast teams.

Why didn’t Judge play this year? Was he trying to break the grapefruit league right handed HR record? Would have loved to finally see him in a game that matters.
My guy got the damn bag and still didn't play...

Also this is wild, the A's thefting:

A lot of reports have said Ohtani does not like the East Coast and the cold weather. His preference is the West Coast. Most of the teams he spoke to and visited when he first came over from Japan were West Coast teams.

Wait why did you quote me? 😂😂😂

Back
Top Bottom