2023 MLB Thread; Say Hey, Charlie Hustle: Rest In Power, Willie. RIP, Pete.

I’m sure the Bay is like here.

Give them a product and they’ll come. It can’t all be about how bad the Stadium is.

Definitely, it’s just crazy (and sad) that they play in a giant football stadium and the weak attendance makes it look that much more empty.

They gotta sell the team already to folks with money or go to Vegas or something lol.

mr j 858 mr j 858

I dont see yall in that #1 spot in last 20 years for NL attendance but i sure do see phillies #1 3x with a 2nd

:lol:

Padres ***

Padres fans don’t like the good beer and hotdogs?

Yeah season tickets are they way to go if your team is good and is a playoff team.

My playoff tickets for all rounds this year were 1K more than my season tickets for next season 40 game ticket package for field level seats. Each round of the playoffs the face value on my seats went up in price and if the Padres made the world series this year my seats would have been $250 each ticket for each game times 3. Heck even for the 2 NLDS and 2 NLCS games this year at Petco I could have re sold my tickets for 4 times more than face value for each game.
this. my homie just bought 2 season tickets for 11k just to get each game of the WS for 300 each :lol: all lower section of course. worth it though. easy to resell too, like you said

i ended up paying 800 ea for the 300s which isn't that bad relative to the market price. last year it was that price to sit in the 100s and now its 1500 for those same seats, smh.

I’m sure the Bay is like here.

Give them a product and they’ll come. It can’t all be about how bad the Stadium is.

This is the case for almost every team in the league…

Cubs and Red Sox fans show up no matter what because they’re used to long stretches of losing. I’d like to think the Cardinals would fill Busch no matter what, but luckily they don’t have a lot of losing seasons.

Everyone else needs to field a good product to fill their ballparks.

This is the case for almost every team in the league…

Cubs and Red Sox fans show up no matter what because they’re used to long stretches of losing. I’d like to think the Cardinals would fill Busch no matter what, but luckily they don’t have a lot of losing seasons.

Everyone else needs to field a good product to fill their ballparks.

Nah. Red Sox fans won’t show up to watch mediocrity anymore.

They’ve changed.

As for the Cardinals I believe it.

feels stupid congratulating Judge but ....

313357643_6207786595916832_8012299752647592447_n.jpg

i'm only puttin it up cause 66% to 18% is a pretty big gap. especially since all year all we heard here was Ohtani's the MVP and look ...

still can't even talk **** :smh:

let's go Phils ..

feels stupid congratulating Judge but ....

313357643_6207786595916832_8012299752647592447_n.jpg

i'm only puttin it up cause 66% to 18% is a pretty big gap. especially since all year all we heard here was Ohtani's the MVP and look ...

still can't even talk **** :smh:

let's go Phils ..

Still mad the Yanks wasted this historic season from Judge :smh:

Hmm... So Philly has this rep as being such a great sports town but the Phillies were 16th in regular season attendance. But now people are complaining about how high re sell world series ticket prices are.

Tickets to the regular season games aren't as cheap as people think. Plus parking down in the stadium is freaking pricey now. Eagles charge $45 to park a car. Hell do I know what one of those buses cost. And I'm sure Phillies, while not $45 to park isn't the $20 it used to be several years ago. (If someone knows, post it up. 👍).

I remember during the '07-'11 run, tickets were easy to get and cheap. Not anymore. For 2 people to go, your easily pushing $100 plus parking plus food, drinks, a souvenir. Baseball games aren't cheap like they were. Imagine the cost for a family of 5? 😮 And yeah, you can get some cheap tickets xx:xx before gametime, as some will blow them out to get what they can get, but most people get their tickets weeks/months in advance and plan it. Hard for a family to go to a game on a whim and grab tix off of a resell site (which the fees REALLY kill it now).

Plus Girardi really sucked the life out of the fandom and stadium. Once he got canned and things started gelling, people came out. But as someone who lives 45 minutes from CBP in the burbs, traffic is a ***** and I'd just rather watch it at home or with my neighbors in his garage on a big screen.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom