2023 MLB Thread; Say Hey, Charlie Hustle: Rest In Power, Willie. RIP, Pete.

I really don’t know how Angels are so bad.
24-29
It’s not like their Pitching is ***.

First thing I’d reason would be their Pitching is ***, but they have Bundy/Ohtani/Heaney/Canning.
They have 4 Starters who more than decent.

These fools are dead last in Fielding, though.

the starters are ok but from what I can tell its the bullpen thats the big problem. ive seen a bunch of games where the other team blows it open late and they cant catch up.

DFA3F41A-83D7-424C-A728-DD5F23D20720.jpeg
beautiful day at the park. Happy Memorial Day y’all.

Baseball as a whole seems down this year.
Teams are just bad.
None of them hit well.
Reds have two guys (Casty/Winkler) leading the league in .BA
METS lead their division by 3 games (arguably the toughest Divison in the League/on paper at least)

They are doing this with(wait, they also will have the 7th best record in the Majorsif they win tonight), but they are leading the Divison by 3games in spite of being dead last .30 in RBI, dead last .30 in hits, .25 in HOMERUNS and .29 in team batting average

Dudes couldn’t hit water if they fell off a Boat but they are 3 games ahead of ATL, 4.5 ahead of Phila and Miami and 6 ahead of Nats
This is 2021 BASEBALL FOLKS.
Thank the Gods for Bat Flips and Jewelry Drip.

I got Cards winning it all.
These kind of years are built for them.
When they get Scherzer at the Deadline, it’s a wrap for us.

Teams are just bad.
None of them hit well.
METS lead their division by 3 games (arguably the toughest Divison in the League/on paper at least)

They are doing this with(wait, they also will have the 7th best record in the Majorsif they win tonight), but they are leading the Divison by 3games in spite of being dead last .30 in RBI, dead last .30 in hits, .25 in HOMERUNS and .29 in team batting average

Dudes couldn’t hit water if they fell off a Boat but they are 3 games ahead of ATL, 4.5 ahead of Phila and Miami and 6 ahead of Nats

Our pitching is above avg. so our hitting doesnt have to be.

Wait til the Mets lineup heatsup.

MLB did something to the baseballs this season. Just like a few years ago when the baseball were juiced and a ton of HR's were being hit.

Our pitching is above avg. so our hitting doesnt have to be.

Wait til the Mets lineup heatsup.
Yea for sure.
I meant to mention how important a good starting, not even elite but just a good starting lineup does for you, if they’re actually performing. Of course I got sidetracked because I was half way watching Close Encounters of the 5th Kind and it became way kore interesting than my ramble so, I just ended the post. You know, before the Season started I could have gave you SDP and CWS as two pitching leaders but no way in hell I would have had TB at #1(especially after losing Snell) or SFG anywhere near the top 5. Ace Gausman. Good for him.

98D4E714-0B55-4458-A6B5-4DB039976A6F.jpeg

Teams are just bad.
None of them hit well.

MLB is going to have to make serious adjustments, and they will. The actual baseballs is one obvious answer but to me it's just weird how they mess with it. Just keep it the same - no other sport does this.

But right now the entire league is hitting .236. That just cannot fly.

In 2006 the league batting average for the entire league was .269. This season MLB's leader in BA (Astros) is hitting .267. Batting average ain't everything but these are crazy numbers :lol:

its really really so hard to enjoy Phillies baseball atm

i love this sport but even i cant get myself to watch this team as of late

they dont do nothing exciting like at all

There's only 17 guys hitting better than .300 and only 15 with .900 OPS or better. MLB has to be on pace for most players with 100+ K's in a single season too. Seems foreign af to see a starter throw 100 pitches too or complete game now too..

Haven't seen it mentioned, but an obvious fix in the right direction is an automated strike zone. I hate to say it, but it has a large contribution to the lack of hitting. How many times per game are you questioning obvious balls that are called strikes? It's pretty ridiculous. Hitters have a tough time as it is, yet pitchers get calls a few inches off the plate or out of the strike zone every half inning

Bob Nightengale reported in a column over the weekend that:

-Major League Baseball plans to seriously crack down on the rash of pitchers using illegal substances in the next two weeks
-Beginning in 2022, teams will have a maximum of 13 pitchers on their roster. It could potentially be reduced to 12 pitchers, maybe even 11 in ensuing years.
-Robo-umps are coming with an automated strike zone.
-We may see a pitch clock, larger bases, at least a limited ban of shifts, and the pitching mound possibly moved a foot back.

If they move the mound back get ready for a lot of injuries. I’m for banning the shift, that’s contributed a lot to lower BA but also these hitters are pros they should be able to adjust to the shift and it’s possible to beat it. You could never do a shift on Ichiro and I don’t believe they do a shift on Trout correct me if I’m wrong.

My offense is in shambles in the NT fantasy league :lol:.

George Springer - IL
Ramon Laureano - IL
Mike Moustakas - IL
Kyle Lewis - IL
Marcell Ozuna - 😳

At least Bellinger is healthy now :ohwell:

The Nats don’t sell at the deadline and when they do it’s never their stars.

Scherzer is on pace to break 3,000 Ks sometime in August when the stadium will be at full capacity. They care more about the revenue from that then replenishing the farm system.

Back
Top Bottom