2023 MLB Thread; Say Hey, Charlie Hustle: Rest In Power, Willie. RIP, Pete.

Nah, you open the door for bombs to be hit by trotting position players out to the mound. Also it's the Majors, use the damn walk signal if you don't want to pitch on 3-0....

Also it looks like Trout is out 6-8 weeks with a strained calf SMH... Wanted him to have at least a shot at the post season to shut some folks up..

Reactions: HIM
Also it looks like Trout is out 6-8 weeks with a strained calf SMH... Wanted him to have at least a shot at the post season to shut some folks up..
Bruh, only 1 month into the season they were in last place. Angels ain’t moving from there

mr jordan04 mr jordan04 6 games back with about 120 more to play though. If he’s out 6-8 weeks, that really dampens any chances at all.

I honestly don’t watch much Angels outside of occasional Ohtani & Trout ABs though, are they really that bad that it would’ve been a wrap though?

DsLee DsLee Angels been trash the last 10 years. Only bright spot is they’ve owned the dodgers in that stretch.

Just unfortunate that Trout only has 3 career playoff games:smh:

Crazy that we’re already through 40+ games already. Season woulda been pretty much over last year :lol: really puts into perspective how meaningless last year’s season was.

I have a different opinion from what seems like everyone else, but its purely based on what I heard on sports talk radio today. They were saying Mercedes swung through a take sign. If that is indeed the case, I have an issue with him swinging there. I dont have an issue with swinging 3-0, against a position player in a blowout in general. But if his coach told him to take and he ignored it, yeah I have a problem. But that's probably the coach in me talking.

I also think Larussa is waaaaay out of line for condoning the Twins throwing at his guy. That's a great way to lose the team, if he ever had their trust to begin with.

Crazy that we’re already through 40+ games already. Season woulda been pretty much over last year :lol: really puts into perspective how meaningless last year’s season was.
........Or how there’s too many games.

Screen Shot 2021-05-19 at 1.23.27 AM.png

:rofl:

I have a different opinion from what seems like everyone else, but its purely based on what I heard on sports talk radio today. They were saying Mercedes swung through a take sign. If that is indeed the case, I have an issue with him swinging there. I dont have an issue with swinging 3-0, against a position player in a blowout in general. But if his coach told him to take and he ignored it, yeah I have a problem. But that's probably the coach in me talking.

I also think Larussa is waaaaay out of line for condoning the Twins throwing at his guy. That's a great way to lose the team, if he ever had their trust to begin with.

I agree with all of this. From a coaching perspective, him ignoring the call to take isn’t a good move. But that’s something you discuss behind closed doors internally. You don’t scold your player though the media and double down on it the following night.

LaRussa handled this poorly when he scolded his player publicly to the media the night it happened and he only doubled down on it with condoning the Twins throwing at a player he manages. The team is winning at the moment so that might minimize things for the short term. But who knows what’s going on behind closed doors and how LaRussa is viewed by his players.

The Padres manager did something similar albeit to a much lesser extent after Tatis hit that late inning grand slam last season and the Rangers manager had a tantrum about it.

No joke, La Russa deserves to be fired despite his team being in 1st :lol: he is so disconnected from today's game + his team overall.

The unwritten rules nonsense BE GONE.

Back
Top Bottom