2023 MLB Thread; Say Hey, Charlie Hustle: Rest In Power, Willie. RIP, Pete.

IMG_3996.jpg

Not sure if anyone has seen this or if its ps, but made me laugh.

If Rob Manfred didn't want the oh so holy and sacred unwritten rules of baseball about self policing each other to come into play, then he should've punished the Astros players directly. No one other than the Astros gives a damn about draft picks or FO/manager suspensions.

Isn't this the way "they" want it? Back like the good ol' days when players settled these matters on the field?

If Rob Manfred didn't want the oh so holy and sacred unwritten rules of baseball about self policing each other to come into play, then he should've punished the Astros players directly. No one other than the Astros gives a damn about draft picks or FO/manager suspensions.

Isn't this the way "they" want it? Back like the good ol' days when players settled these matters on the field?

he gave them immunity to cooperate. if he doesn't do that, no one from the astros cooperates and they don't get their investigation. if he suspends them for not cooperating, he likely loses the grievance hearings for arbitrary suspensions.

he gave them immunity to cooperate. if he doesn't do that, no one from the astros cooperates and they don't get their investigation. if he suspends them for not cooperating, he likely loses the grievance hearings for arbitrary suspensions.

he had former players speaking up. Whats the point of an investigation if you’re gonna give the offenders immunity? investigate fully and get a real resolution. Not only that but the players were indignant and hostile until the very end and it was “yeah we cheated, so what, please let’s move on and heal” :stoneface: . And the owner came out talmbout it didn’t have an effect on the outcome of the games get outta here. What’s the point? if none of this came out I would’ve been ok knowing that my team choked and blew it instead of enraged that my team got cheated and nothing happened to the cheaters :lol:

I think they'll finish the season but you can't have a World Series. I think a lot of teams will end up playing 45-55 games in the end. To have this count as a season and World Series is a joke.

Now they're gonna do 7 inning double headers also, that's a huge mistake. Play the season and be cautious and smart, then do a little tournament and call it the MLB Summer League Champions or some ****. You can't attach this to a World Series.

Sheriff Gaultrei: "To turn a baseball event into a political event is uncalled for. It’s just wrong, and it’s improper. It’s just reckless. It’s throwing gasoline on the fire, and it didn’t need to happen."

Know what else was reckless and didn't need to happen, sheriff? Killing Breonna Taylor.

Sheriff Gaultrei: "To turn a baseball event into a political event is uncalled for. It’s just wrong, and it’s improper. It’s just reckless. It’s throwing gasoline on the fire, and it didn’t need to happen."

Know what else was reckless and didn't need to happen, sheriff? Killing Breonna Taylor.

SMH at him, they're not even talking about his department or jurisdiction but of course "The Blue Line" right? I'd get the bitterness from him if the team put out a statement about defunding police/sheriff's department, but this aint it.

Back
Top Bottom