2022 OFFICIAL NBA PLAYOFF THREAD - NBA FINALS TIME - GS 4-2 - STEVE GETS #4……ON NT - SUMMER JAM SCREEN RECEIPTS INCOMING……

Status
Not open for further replies.
i literally do not know what you people want Draymond to do. :lol:

as long as he's not doing dumb fouls, this is what it is.

he can't shoot, he's not going to learn to shoot in the next 48hrs. he has no one to pass to other than steph.

This a Jordan in 98 finals for Steph.
he's gotta carry them, it is what it is.

Has nothing to do with experience. This is him. His shot selection and the way he plays. Its completely head scratching at times.

And this is the problem. Forget Kobe. You can't be 6'8" - 6'9" 225+ and have an athleticism advantage on 95% of the people you play on a nightly basis and take all these damn shots outside the paint. Then, you make those shots more difficult trying to emulate someone/something you're simply not.

Kobe (Booker too) had/has to play like this because they aren't as big/gifted physically. The way Tatum plays, he sells himself short everytime trying to do this goofy ****.

Thats just not the motor Tatum has. Thats not something you could teach. Its like someone liking contact when going up for a layup and someone trying to avoid contact. Youre one or the other.

Also they didn’t let Jaylen Brown cook early enough. I believe he had his first points late in the first quarter and usually he has his 1st quarter barrage

I've made this comparison before

But Tatum is more of a John Havlichek type great player.

he's very good at lot's of different things.
and that adds up to him being great.

but he's not a truly great offensive player.

I’m sorry I don’t understand. Tatum doesn’t do many things that are great on the offensive. He just doesn’t do it consistently.

But are you suggesting there's something technical about his offensive game that’s not allowing him to be a truly great offensive player?

4B2406CC-14D3-424B-8E41-BC07707F5AC5.jpeg

Go off Bron. :lol:

I’m sure Bron was losing his mind watching this :lol:

BOTH Curry & Poole on the court, GS has been conceding the switch the entire series, but Boston still looks indecisive and still end up 1on1 with tough contested jumpers over Wiggins & Klay.

Awful.

Reminds me of their Heat series in the bubble where they would kill the zone for 3 quarters & then suddenly forget how to play. They gave that series away too.

celts need to dare draymond to shoot. committ two defenders to steph. box and one. sell out on steph and let someone else beat you

i remember when the dubs had bogut guard tony allen :lol:

end of the day, Celts stars have to be better and value the basketball

There is no Draymond big game coming,.imo
Maybe if some offensive rebounds fall his way maybe.

This is just a bad match up for him. It is what it is

Ultimately it doesn't matter,.they have Steph Curry and Boston doesn't.

As long as the defense can keep em close Steph can carry the offense.

Bad matchup? All we ask for is 10 points from dude. Again, he’s passing up layups and not cutting on purposes. Dude is AFRAID to score

i literally do not know what you people want Draymond to do. :lol:

as long as he's not doing dumb files, this is what it is.

he can't shoot, he's not going to learn to shoot in the next 48hrs. he has no one to pass to other than steph.
It's not about what people what him to do, most realize he's cooked.

It's about Kerr limiting his cookness and pulling him (like he did late) and what lineups he decides to go with while Dray is in cooked mode.

Like restarting the 2nd half again with Otto and Dray didn't make sense when it didn't reap any benefits to start

Has nothing to do with experience. This is him. His shot selection and the way he plays. Its completely head scratching at times.

And this is the problem. Forget Kobe. You can't be 6'8" - 6'9" 225+ and have an athleticism advantage on 95% of the people you play on a nightly basis and take all these damn shots outside the paint. Then, you make those shots more difficult trying to emulate someone/something you're simply not.

Kobe (Booker too) had/has to play like this because they aren't as big/gifted physically. The way Tatum plays, he sells himself short everytime trying to do this goofy ****.

I don’t agree. He goes inside consistently, he’ll get beat up and shorten his career. The real path to greatness and longevity is to be a threat on the outside. The inside will open up and you’ll be unstoppable.

This is why Kobe and MJ were incredible offensive players.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom