2022 OFFICIAL NBA PLAYOFF THREAD - NBA FINALS TIME - GS 4-2 - STEVE GETS #4……ON NT - SUMMER JAM SCREEN RECEIPTS INCOMING……

Status
Not open for further replies.
Fair point.

So if someone has subpar lyrics and people think they are a GOAT but they never proclaim THEMSELVES to be lyrical assassins, that is superior to someone else with subpar lyrics who is also considered a GOAT and also said they are a master wordsmith?

-foe
Yet one the top rappers today is trying to reinvent a 90's sound. Nothing wrong with it. In another 40 years maybe hip hop will rediscover autotune :lol:

You guys really fell for this….

We were talking about how trash Drake’s album was then Anti comes in here to drop a nuclear turd in the conversation to make you guys forget.

And it was mission accomplished. This is straight from the stanning book.

WTF did 90’s music and “hippity hop don’t stop” have to do with any of this? I just checked that **** came out in 1979. :lol:

You guys really fell for this….

We were talking about how trash Drake’s album was then Anti comes in here to drop a nuclear turd in the conversation to make you guys forget.

And it was mission accomplished. This is straight from the stanning book.

WTF did 90’s music and “hippity hop don’t stop” have to do with any of this? I just checked that **** came out in 1979. :lol:
Lmao that had nothing to do with it, but that is lowkey ingenious.

We gotta make peace, I heard this J. Cole verse yesterday that was fire. One more fire verse and he will have reconverted me into a fan.

I wish I never have to feel like this about rap.
To me, there's something for every subgenre in rap nowadays
These are the kind of people who say they outgrew rap and are now too mature to enjoy a whole genre of music.:lol:

That’s how I feel about all (most) music honestly.
I feel like if you look hard enough, you can find something that speaks to you in any time of your life.

Feeling that way about all music sounds depressing as hell.
:frown:

I wish I never have to feel like this about rap.
To me, there's something for every subgenre in rap nowadays
I was just talking more of the general tone of the more popular rap hitting the charts. I still listen to people like Bas, J. Cole, Kendrick, Saba, etc. But not too many newer mainstream rappers focus on lyrics, punchlines, or delivery. Not criticizing anyone's tastes, just what I'm into.

These are the kind of people who say they outgrew rap and are now too mature to enjoy a whole genre of music.:lol:

I feel like if you look hard enough, you can find something that speaks to you in any time of your life.

Feeling that way about all music sounds depressing as hell.
:frown:

No I think you guys misunderstood what I said.

I meant I’m open to most music. Giving anything a shot.

I still listen to people like Bas, J. Cole, Kendrick, Saba, etc. But not too many newer mainstream rappers focus on lyrics, punchlines, or delivery. Not criticizing anyone's tastes, just what I'm into.
You kinda saying the opposite of
Rap is just "drill" and "ad-libs" nowadays. Some songs sound catchy, but nothing really stands out to me lyrically.
then
But I get it

I was just talking more of the general tone of the more popular rap hitting the charts. I still listen to people like Bas, J. Cole, Kendrick, Saba, etc. But not too many newer mainstream rappers focus on lyrics, punchlines, or delivery. Not criticizing anyone's tastes, just what I'm into.

If it isnt catchy to me, beat, melody whatever I cant get into it no matter how “good” the lyrics are.

I love music. I used to immerse myself in it for hours when I was younger. Wasnt a new artist, mixtape, album that dropped that I didnt listen to fr. But nowadays with work, family, responsibilities its very rare I get to engage let alone listen to it as much as I would like. Def miss those days. Now I just stick to the music I already got saved or I gotta ask Siri "what song is this?" when I hear something decent lol #WashedLife

Peoples musical tastes change around the time they stop liking boxed macaroni and cheese. One day all of us will grow up..

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom