2022 NBA Offseason Thread: Preseason kicks off; Things are fine in Los Angeles, Draymond beats the charges

Status
Not open for further replies.

Another video from the Thunder mini camp. At 13 minute mark Jalen Williams (JDubb, guard from Santa Clara) gets busy. Even had a putback dunk over Evan Mobley. Pritchard from the Celtics had a few dunks. Poku did not get one stop all video. Giddey looked like Jamal Crawford at 24:32

Theory: If Time Travel were possible we would already be doing it.

"TIME" is a flat line. Everything that has happened is happening now, and will ever happen is all happening at the same time. Those people from the "future" already exist and none of them are hopping into time machines and coming back here, so it'll never happen.
We've already done it. Traveling forward is easy. The trick is to not think of space and time as separate because they're not. The faster an object travels in "space" the slower it simultaneously moves in "time" in relation to slower objects. If you're going really really really really fast, you're effectively time traveling forward. Astronauts are inadvertent time travelers. Because they orbit earth so fast, they experience time dilation and age slower than everyone on Earth. Voila, dirty time travel.

t's traveling backwards that's seemingly impossible but we know a way to do that too, theoretically. Going faster than light is the secret, so that's probably never actually happening for us. If we do go back, it's not that way.

Gravity and time also have a whole thing going on. Gravity is warped time but also....warps time? It's really weird and I'm a computer scientist not an actual one so that's the best I can do from my amateur interests.
Those people from the "future" already exist and none of them are hopping into time machines and coming back here, so it'll never happen.
Any civ advanced enough to time travel is advanced enough to take the proper precautions, such as not getting caught by us. Which shouldn't be hard. We still burn fossil fuels and use gunpowder, we're not impressive at all. You're right that we probably don't ever achieve it though. The universe wouldn't work so hard to maintain causality if it wanted to be easy to free yourself from.

will-smith-fresh-prince.gif

See I don't agree cause mankind is just super dumb. They would have already tried to do something very altruistic (Kill baby Hitler) or something super evil (Help adult Hitler), and I am honestly betting on the latter cause it would likely be a white person who had unfettered access to a time machine.
We've already done it. Traveling forward is easy. The trick is to not think of space and time as separate because they're not. The faster an object travels in "space" the slower it simultaneously moves in "time" in relation to slower objects. If you're going really really really really fast, you're effectively time traveling forward. Astronauts are inadvertent time travelers. Because they orbit earth so fast, they experience time dilation and age slower than everyone on Earth. Voila, dirty time travel.

t's traveling backwards that's seemingly impossible but we know a way to do that too, theoretically. Going faster than light is the secret, so that's probably never actually happening for us. If we do go back, it's not that way.

Gravity and time also have a whole thing going on. Gravity is warped time but also....warps time? It's really weird and I'm a computer scientist not an actual one so that's the best I can do from my amateur interests.

Any civ advanced enough to time travel is advanced enough to take the proper precautions, such as not getting caught by us. Which shouldn't be hard. We still burn fossil fuels and use gunpowder, we're not impressive at all. You're right that we probably don't ever achieve it though. The universe wouldn't work so hard to maintain causality if it wanted to be easy to free yourself from.

will-smith-fresh-prince.gif
The concept of Time Dilation is mad interesting. One day we're gonna mess around and find out there too. Some idiot is going to build a Hyperbolic Time Chamber.

See I don't agree cause mankind is just super dumb. They would have already tried to do something very altruistic (Kill baby Hitler) or something super evil (Help adult Hitler), and I am honestly betting on the latter cause it would likely be a white person who had unfettered access to a time machine.

The concept of Time Dilation is mad interesting. One day we're gonna mess around and find out there too. Some idiot is going to build a Hyperbolic Time Chamber.
I wish I'd be alive to see the first person that accidentally traveled too far forward. It'd be so cool to be on like future twitter and some guy that disappeared 500 years ago just popped up because he got too caught up in his in-flight movie and forgot to hit the brakes.

Training :lol:
:smh:

What’s a suspension if you can still collect profits? In the words of the great philosopher Cam’ron “18 months? Please that ain’t facing time. I’m stressed anyway. Need it for vacation time”

Even if they forced him to sell the team. He’d come up (win).

There’s not going to be consequences for a billionaire. Unless people actively boycott. Or other major companies don’t want the heat.

They caught everybody in Pop’s murder.

It wasn’t an elaborate setup. All just dumb 18 year olds who all ended up telling on one another.

Wouldn’t be surprised if it’s the same thing AGAIN with Rock.
I know that…
But they also said they came earlier, but they knew he wasn’t home so they left.

They come back and just so happen to enter his bedroom while he in the shower ?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom