2022 NBA Offseason Thread: Preseason kicks off; Things are fine in Los Angeles, Draymond beats the charges

Status
Not open for further replies.
For y’all asking if Klay could have Ray’s 2001 run…I will ask you to answer if Ray Allen could score 60 points off 11 dribbles.

I know the immediate response will be “If he played with Steph and the GSW offense yes lol”. Which proves the point - senseless debate. We will never know what the they could do in the other’s shoes. The best you can reasonably do is pick one situationally.

If I have a very good team but need a SG to be my #1, based off what I have seen, I would lean Ray. If I have a very good/great team and need a #2 scorer who can heavily contribute offensively while not taking away from my #1 and can also lock up on the other end, I am going Klay.

The concept of “carrying a team” is overrated. Yes, there is a #1 on all of the championship teams, save for the Pistons and maybe the Spurs, but even that feeds into my point - it takes a village (ie the entire team). A single player might win you a series but not Dirk, Kawhi, Yanni, Lebby, hell - even Kobe and Jordan, could have done it without the collective production from the rest of their cast.

Yep, that was a perfect storm of a season. Nate McMillian knew it and bailed to Portland that off-season. :lol:

Peja had a crazy year as a #1 option in like 04. Remember he averaged like 24, and might’ve got some mvp votes :lol:

With shooter-scorers like Peja/Reggie that lack handle, you gotta build a very specific team around them. It’s possible to have a path to some success with that.

92.gif

Peja had a crazy year as a #1 option in like 04. Remember he averaged like 24, and might’ve got some mvp votes :lol:

With shooter-scorers like Peja/Reggie that lack handle, you gotta build a very specific team around them. It’s possible to have a path to some success with that.

inb4
1657296333210.gif

We were in peaceful harmony getting those Suit Bird jokes off and DCAllAfrican DCAllAfrican decided to go rogue and introduce chaos |l

This roster winning 55 games and one game away from the WCF

Team building was different that year. But Peja went crazy. 24ppg-6rpg-2apg on 48%FG - 43%3FG - 93%FT

Brad Miller also was balling this year (another forgotten white American all star) and Bibby was still nice. Team in Live 04 used to get buckets

8119CF6D-49BD-48B3-ACD3-47EBDF97206D.jpeg

klaydagawd been my favorite warrior of this run. dude just shows up and does the yeoman’s work. 37 points in a quarter on negative 4 dribbles, capable of a 60 point heater any game, should’ve been a perennial all-clamps team prior to his injuries.. dude is the greatest Robin to a Batman ever because he knows that’s his role and doesn’t fight it.

if we’re talking about all teammates and eras being equal and both players in their prime, i’m taking ray. klay’s lightyears better on defense but ray’s ability to handle and create his own shot makes it easier to build around him as a #1 option. klay’s goofy *** would average at least 2.5 dribbles off foot turnovers per game if he was the primary ball handler

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom