2021 NFL Off-Season Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

dude was clearly nervous/bad today

sirianni was the 18th coach we showed interest in.. team put in a request to interview bieniemy the week before even meeting with dude

media was literally making jokes about the amount of people we were interviewing just couple days ago

i get making jokes.. But ain’t hard to find vids of dude doing what he was actually hired for

IATT IATT I laughed but I never looked at that as a direct indictment towards the Eagles/Sirianni. Don't get too deep into that part

People are just trying to speak to the bigger elephant in the room for the league is all (and the football scarlet letter EB supposedly has on him), the clip was used as an example (not the actual hiring process)

Nobody cares how dude sounds if he gets results. It's that we had to sit here and repeatedly be told how some folks have struggled and it's thee reason they are being held back.

Gossip "oh I hear he's bad in interviews" and everyone else just kills it I guess

Remember when Ray Horton's braids were a big deal?

Don't get too caught up in the jokes, Eagles weren't the last bastion of the Rooney Rule. It's still and always will be a league problem

IATT IATT I laughed but I never looked at that as a direct indictment towards the Eagles/Sirianni. Don't get too deep into that part

People are just trying to speak to the bigger elephant in the room for the league is all (and the football scarlet letter EB supposedly has on him), the clip was used as an example (not the actual hiring process)

Nobody cares how dude sounds if he gets results. It's that we had to sit here and repeatedly be told how some folks have struggled and it's thee reason they are being held back.

Gossip "oh I hear he's bad in interviews" and everyone else just kills it I guess

Remember when Ray Horton's braids were a big deal?

Don't get too caught up in the jokes, Eagles weren't the last bastion of the Rooney Rule. It's still and always will be a league problem

I completely get the jokes.. and expect it

and clearly there’s a problem

im just talking the philly/eagles-ness of this whole thing

like there are legit criticisms to be made.. but some of the stuff is just lazy at this point

like I’m a huge fan of bomani fan, but in his last 2 pods dude has used sirianni’s age as a point of criticism while being wrong about his age

for example, it was a story interviewees were being asked about wentz.. I mean, I would hope so since dude’s still employed by the team.. I’d also hope that coaches were asked about hurts and other players who may or may not be on the roster next season

im just talking the philly/eagles-ness of this whole thing
I mean this was basically my point. it's red meat also in regards to Philly

Dan Campbell and the Lions. Same thing, jokes here and there but it still speaks to the bigger issue. Not a direct indictment on the Lions (or maybe does because of Caldwell? idk) but it wasn't as amplified. I get that

Was just saying no need to dig too deep on the defense, we know what it is
9zy7x0_th (2).png

I just know some of these dumbass front offices are gonna flop this offseason :rofl:

49ers front office acting like Joey Bosa is the next coming of LT and wouldn't include him in a package to the Texans. When Jimmy G flails a duck for his 4th pick next season in the opener you'll remember mistakes were made.

Kingsbury is trash and until he gets fired the Cardinals wont flourish

Seahawks with that atrocius run game,OLINE and defense

The teams in that division better hope the Rams don't do something magical and get him. Its over for the whole division for years if it happens.

My offseason head coaching hire ranking:

1. Jax - Urban Meyer
2a. Lions - Dan Campbell
2b. Jets - Robert Salah
4. Charger - Brandon Staley
5. Texans - David Culley
6. Falcons - Arthur Smith
7. Eagles - Nick Sirianni

I mean this was basically my point. it's red meat also in regards to Philly

Dan Campbell and the Lions. Same thing, jokes here and there but it still speaks to the bigger issue. Not a direct indictment on the Lions (or maybe does because of Caldwell? idk) but it wasn't as amplified. I get that

Was just saying no need to dig too deep on the defense, we know what it is
9zy7x0_th (2).png

I mean I know what it is..

but it ain’t like I gotta dig deep

these dudes made a story out candidates being asked about wentz.. then easily the most questions dude gets asked from them, is about wentz

like with Doug, he still has a job if he’s willing to hire a legit OC and has a better answer than press Taylor, who the team was probably going fire anyways.. but that still gotta be made all about wentz

like there are legit stuff that could be said, but that might take a lil bit of work.. but it’s the same shh with politics :smh:

dude was clearly nervous/bad today

sirianni was the 18th coach we showed interest in.. team put in a request to interview bieniemy the week before even meeting with dude

media was literally making jokes about the amount of people we were interviewing just couple days ago

i get making jokes.. But ain’t hard to find vids of dude doing what he was actually hired for

It's cool if he was nervous, the problem is brothas can't afford to be nervous or timid. Black coaches have to be picture perfect, damn near flawless. Interview great, great in front of the media, QB genius, can't be a players coach or you're looked at as undisciplined, etc.

It's cool if he was nervous, the problem is brothas can't afford to be nervous or timid. Black coaches have to be picture perfect, damn near flawless. Interview great, great in front of the media, QB genius, can't be a players coach or you're looked as undisciplined, etc.

I mean at that point you got the job..

but to me, the headline story should be the Houston Texans hired a search firm to give them answers.. the firm gave them answers.. they ignored or disregarded those answers.. ended up in a mess that could have been avoided if they listened to the search firm

But as far as eagles go and doing a little homework, if we announced Brian Johnson (the guy we hired as QB coach from Florida) as HC or OC.. that would have made me more excited than just giving duce the job, who I thought would be heavily dependent on the assistants hired to support him

I mean at that point you got the job..

but to me, the headline story should be the Houston Texans hired a search firm to give them answers.. the firm gave them answers.. they ignored or disregarded those answers.. ended up in a mess that could have been avoided if they listened to the search firm

But as far as eagles go and doing a little homework, if we announced Brian Johnson (the guy we hired as QB coach from Florida) as HC or OC.. that would have made me more excited than just giving duce the job, who I thought would be heavily dependent on the assistants hired to support him

They keep moving the goalpost for black coaches to get the job though. Even if you get the job they're waiting for a reason to fire you. Mike Tomlin was on the "hot seat" from the media a couple years ago. :lol: :smh:

My offseason head coaching hire ranking:

1. Jax - Urban Meyer
2a. Lions - Dan Campbell
2b. Jets - Robert Salah
4. Charger - Brandon Staley
5. Texans - David Culley
6. Falcons - Arthur Smith
7. Eagles - Nick Sirianni

Even if you want to 2A/B them, how do you actually have Campbell ahead of Saleh?

They keep moving the goalpost for black coaches to get the job though. Even if you get the job they're waiting for a reason to fire you. Mike Tomlin was on the "hot seat" from the media a couple years ago. :lol: :smh:

but even that, ain’t hard to do a little homework

andy reid himself never called plays before eagles hired him in ‘99.. was also never an OC

ravens harbaugh was Reid’s special teams coordinator

it ain’t hard to show the blatant hypocrisy

but as far eagles go, the 3 minority coaches that I was most excited about that we interviewed or showed interest in: Jared Mayo, Brian Johnson and pep Hamilton

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom