2021 NBA OFFSEASON THREAD: Media Day...SHENANIGANS

Status
Not open for further replies.
It's always interesting how the media/NBA viewed the malice at the palace compared to the actual law. The fans are the ones who got punished because they sparked it. Everything the players did was in self defense but of course the image of the NBA is more important than facts. Stern handled that situation terrible.
Everyone points a Ron for starting the fight for going into the stands not the beer throwing guy

just to play devils advocate...but are people saying IT should get on a roster because of what hes doing at these LA Fitness runs?

I mean it's not like he's been blackballed. He never really did anything, that I can remember, wrong. He's just small and cant defend and on a questionable hip.

Sounds like his fan club is diminishng too...

Kinda seems like the people are rooting for Liangelo to make a roster more than IT..

It's always interesting how the media/NBA viewed the malice at the palace compared to the actual law. The fans are the ones who got punished because they sparked it. Everything the players did was in self defense but of course the image of the NBA is more important than facts. Stern handled that situation terrible.

Not enough has been made about how this is Rick Carlisle’s fault.

Why’d he still have Ron in the game up 15 with nothing else to play for that night?

couple other things as I’m halfway through the doc:

- did they really let Donaghy speak? He said something to the effect of“the league only let certain caliber of officials do that game”… lmaoooooo!

- Jack threw Jamaal Tinsley alll the way under the bus 🤣🤣🤣

-Jermaine O’Neal is a crybaby

- Reggie Miller was never a leader of men. I feel like a lot of the other hall of famers from his era would have been able to at least corral Ron and JO enough to not throw the season away the way that they did.

Not enough has been made about how this is Rick Carlisle’s fault.

Why’d he still have Ron in the game up 15 with nothing else to play for that night?

couple other things as I’m halfway through the doc:

- did they really let Donaghy speak? He said something to the effect of“the league only let certain caliber of officials do that game”… lmaoooooo!

- Jack threw Jamaal Tinsley alll the way under the bus 🤣🤣🤣

-Jermaine O’Neal is a crybaby

- Reggie Miller was never a leader of men. I feel like a lot of the other hall of famers from his era would have been able to at least corral Ron and JO enough to not throw the season away the way that they did.

I hear you but I don't agree with those last 2 at all. I don't know how J O'neal is a cry baby and Reggie was the leader of that franchise almost his whole career. Ron was legit crazy, ain't no leadership controlling that.

I hear you but I don't agree with those last 2 at all. I don't know how J O'neal is a cry baby and Reggie was the leader of that franchise almost his whole career. Ron was legit crazy, ain't no leadership controlling that.

Ron’s mental health issues didnt just magically disappear once he got to the Lakers.

He actually respected Kobe. Nobody to this day (even prior to his death) has come out and said they weren’t listening to Kobe.

He literally said in the doc “I didn’t hear a word that Reggie said to me, I was just gonna bust His *** in practice”.

Reggie was obviously a pillar in the franchise for almost 20 years. His play carried those pacers teams, not his voice.

As for JO being a crybaby. I dunno I just never liked him.

Last edited:
Ron’s mental health issues didnt just magically disappear once he got to the Lakers.

He actually respected Kobe. Nobody to this day (even prior to his death) has come out and said they weren’t listening to Kobe.

He literally said in the doc “I didn’t hear a word that Reggie said to me, I was just gonna bust His *** in practice”.

Reggie was obviously a pillar in the franchise for almost 20 years. His play carried those pacers teams, not his voice.

As for JO being a crybaby… mans said that he took responsibility for what happened but felt that 25 games was too harsh? So how was he taking or accepting responsibility if he’s still to this day complaining about the punishment? Part of accepting responsibility is accepting the punishment that results from ones actions, is it not?

Don’t get me wrong, I side with the players on the over arching aspects of the brawl , but I don’t think anyone else would have been surprised if he got the rest of the season ban like Ron did.

How was missing 30% of the season too harsh? Especially now that we’re so far removed from the incident?

Ron himself says he was in a better mental space when he got to LA. That was like 6 years later, after all the therapy of course he was more under control. If Ron was in LA in his early 20's he woulda even more of a mess.

And JO took responsibility for being apart of the whole situation. That don't mean you should just accept any punishment. The courts ruled in his favor. A judge said he was justified and he got it reduced. Ain't nothing cry baby about that.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom