2021 NBA OFFSEASON THREAD: Media Day...SHENANIGANS

Status
Not open for further replies.
Gonna need all the energy I can get to stay up for this USA game.

2Rtwa8T.gif

you know what channel this shh coming on?

for Caruso I’d say it is an overpay. Cam Payne who was the legit sixth man of a team that made it to the finals got 19m for 3 years that’s roughly six mil.

I’d say Cam Payne and TJ are more proven than Caruso yet Caruso got the most money because of reputation and being with the Lakers. Either way, it’s no big deal and still a movable contract.
Good comparison.

Cam Payne could've got Caruso money if he was willing to leave phx imo.

My stance isn't necessarily for Caruso personally... But for the 7th and 8th guy on your bench (key rotational player) he's a good defender and a good shooter. And gives great effort on the floor at all times...

Take the name Caruso off of that description, and get the 37m out of your head, and think of it as 9m a year. I think that's not a bad contract.

missed this earlier. thought MJ would've gave him a bag after seeing batum stay healthy and balled out this yr
if i am a betting man, i think reggie returns. what team has money to throw at him now? celtics? spurs?

I don't even care if Melo signs wit the Lakers or not, Just not the Knicks :smh: . Org & the media did my guy filthy the first time around, i know ******** pringles ain't around no more nah

This is how I feel about it too.

Carmelo was the only big name FA (Amare to an extent as well) who was legit built to play in NY. He welcomed the pressure, never ran from the big shots, and very rarely short-changed on effort. And all he got was **** for it in the end with fans/media begging for him to go.

Him wanting to return to the Knicks smells of him chasing his glory days of being numero uno there. No way he's considering the Knicks just to be a bench guy/role player behind Julius. I could be wrong, but I really don't see that at all. Plus playing for rigid *** Thibs? Melo?? Nah, don't see it.

If he's considering the Lakers with the roster they have now, he has to know he's not getting burn like he did in Por. And if what you guys are saying is true about him wanting to be near Kiyan, why the hell wouldn't he just sign with BK where he would actually be aa major contributor AND get a chance at a ring instead of NY?

Nice story but I don't see a NY reunion.

Hopefully the Porter signing still leave the W's with room to sign 1-2 more veterans.

Wonder what the nets are getting back … they might be able to attach deandre jordan in the dinwiddie trade

that Lakers defense going to take a dip. no ball pressure or perimeter defense. AD going have to be everywhere

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom