2019 NFL Discussion Thread: StaXX talking to himself

Should @Hahahaha be allowed byke?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
Screenshot_20181222-030146_Facebook.jpg

Dear Lebron (and everyone else),

Please stop making comparisons about multi million dollar athletes to slaves. Slaves were forced, kidnapped and made to work without pay while NFL players ELECT to play a game they do get compensated for that is well above what a middle class American makes. While I don’t always agree with the tactics that NFL owners use comparing a NFL player situation to slaves is ridiculous and undermines how difficult life was for a slave at that time.

The thing Lebron isn’t accounting for is the physicality and violence of football. 95% of the roster is replaceable and will be out of the league or a shell of their former self within 3 years. Even guys that reach elite status rarely maintain that level for more than a few years. So players have no leverage.
In the nba it’s all about the players, and it’s common/expected for elite players to be franchise players for 10-15 years. As long as football is violent, careers will be short, so the model won’t change much. Look at Marcus peters, 25yrs old, 1st rd pick in 2015. Went from top 10-15 cb last year to getting burned regularly and PFF #101/111 CB. In a year.

Lebron’s choice of words was poor but I think the overall message is correct. NFL owners ain’t trippin off anything but their money.

They don’t care about CTE, they care about lawsuits and the image.
They don’t care about social injustice they care about Trump and politicians fleecing them.
They don’t care about domestic violence until they get caught.

Dear Lebron,

You said nothing wrong, and I wish more athletes spoke to the facts like you just did..To be he biggest athlete in the world and spit that real like so, “they” not gone like this one..it’s big facts tho...

This dude Bron is really a great role model for young brothers everywhere man...he changed the power structure in the NBA, and he walks the walk in putting his $$ where his mouth is in schools, scholarships, etc...

Fam really uses his powers for good...

Respect !!

This season has been lit. A lot of competitive teams and I dont feel there is anyone locked for the SB. Anything can happen.

Bob McNair admitted as much

Then you got stuff we hear about @InTheHallway’s 1st or 2nd favorite person in the whole wide world jerruh

LeBron chose his words poorly. He’s essentially agreeing with the Kanye nonsense. Men choosing to be slaves. Nobody forces anyone into the league. If anyone believes slaves would see the NFL as a apples to apples comparison they’re being disingenuous.

I doubt anyone here would watch slaves working and being beat every Sunday. Those who agree 100% with Bron turn off the tv and boycott the NFL right now...

Nearly a quarter in and I'd be surprised to see the Titans lose this

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom