2018 NBA Playoffs Thread

Who will win The Finals

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
I'm more so on the wave where he overachieved, we've seen a lot of overachieving coaches earn COY and then get fired

I don't think he should get fired though, there are a very limited quantity of "good coaches" that fans will actually agree on
He can't win in the playoffs so why keep him around just because he's a good coach? He will never win it so might as well move on. Some coaches are designed to get a team to a certain point, while other are built for this playoff ish

What’s wrong dude?

Era of forced greatness :smh:

Funny because I've always liked Bron's game but dudes try to put him over Jordan and it's disrespectful to both of them.

Anywho, didn't Boston beat LeBron the last time he left Cleveland..? So they have the chance to bookend LeBron's finals runs.

HCA - Celtics
Depth - Celtics
Coaching - Celtics

Only thing Cavs have going for them is the LeBron goat hot take narrative which is a raging inferno right now. Hopefully the Celtics are dogs again. Free money

He top 3 great but let's quit acting like he beat somebody headed to the hall of fame. There's not a team from the East currently in playoffs that has a player currently a lock for the hall of fame other than Cleveland. Let's just let that sink in for a minute.
I’m putting Oladipo in the HOF for bagging Bria

Ghost pepper level spice in here after I went to sleep :pimp:

I still don’t get how people can’t just sit back and enjoy such a unique and truly once in a lifetime kinda athlete like LeBron but instead find every which way to comparatively fault him vs. the past. Like @jsindaa was saying a few pages back I think, some people spending too much time judging and hating and not appreciating what you’re able to watch.

And I still hate LeBron :lol:, but definitely not ignorant enough to say he’s clearly not the best out there or somewhat easily goat status and definitely not to the point where I’m gonna make an effort to not enjoy watching him play.

But when GSW or Hou nuke the Cavs into dust :pimp:

Ghost pepper level spice in here after I went to sleep :pimp:

I still don’t get how people can’t just sit back and enjoy such a unique and truly once in a lifetime kinda athlete like LeBron but instead find every which way to comparatively fault him vs. the past. Like @jsindaa was saying a few pages back I think, some people spending too much time judging and hating and not appreciating what you’re able to watch.

And I still hate LeBron :lol:, but definitely not ignorant enough to say he’s clearly not the best out there or somewhat easily goat status and definitely not to the point where I’m gonna make an effort to not enjoy watching him play.

But when GSW or Hou nuke the Cavs into dust :pimp:
I have zero doubt that if you replaced Lebron with KD you would get the exact same outcome. The competitive level in the West is far superior and I think that is getting discounted way too much. This Cleveland team would have been bounced easily first round in the West.

Especially in college because one player can literally take you to the tourney unless you play in the ACC
If you did a re-draft of that class after this year's playoffs ended, he'd still be the a top 1 pick

Top 2, maybe, maybe if you like Jaylen that much

Simmons played very well in round 1 of the playoffs, so the notion of not making the Tournament having any bearing on his projection as a pro has already been proved irrelevant. There are a number of great NBA players who didn't make the Tournament

Paul George, Klay and Chris Bosh recently

Ben had a bad series and just needs to go back to the drawing board

I don't know why y'all refuse to just enjoy LeBron's greatness. I truly don't. Y'all wait for moments like last night to scream he's the GOAT then immediately cop pleas the second he falls short. It's literally the exact same thing you complain about haters doing. Like the absolute exact same thing. And yet, you can't seem to wrap your mind around the fact that these haters exist BECAUSE of you. It's so easy to enjoy what you're seeing and NOT make these crazy comparisons. Now when June hits it'll be the same people coming up with excuses for the Cavs taking an L.... When he's the same player and he's on the same team. Why do this when you could just not, and get to enjoy him for who he is.... Instead of constantly clamoring for a reason to compare him to players that he can't play against anyways
This goes both ways. We see how great Bron is on nights like this and he does the same thing in the Finals even if his team will get smacked. Stop using his finals losses as a knock against him when he’s clearly performing up to standards and is just losing to better teams.

If you don’t think Cleveland is about to win it all you’re not paying attention. I wish Lebron had waited to turn it on so people could still be using the “he’s gassed/ he can’t keep up this pace yet” logic. He’s playing inspired basketball and it’s got his teammates inspired. Kyle Korver is waking up. Kevin Love is “all in” for “fitting in” now and a bunch of role players that’s willing to go to war for Lebron. The 2015 finals did something to him. It opened up another channel in his game when he singlehandedly went up 2-1 on the Warriors. He hasn’t been the same since. They’re bout to win it all. And I’ve the mindset that if he does he honestly should retire to allow his mystique to take on a life of its own. What he’s doing right now is absolutely incredible. Dropping the mic after this would allow everyone to sit back and realize that we took Lebron for granted and what he’s doing for fans of the sport. The 4 out of 9 jokes wouldn’t be able to stand the test of time. All people would think about is how he could have dominated the NBA for another 2 years, 4 years, 6 years and over time the legend would grow.

I don't wanna see the too young excuse for Philly either. They're not ******* young :lol:. Simmons maybe but Joel is walking around with a max contract, time to produce. Everyone else in the rotation is a vet

I don't wanna see the too young excuse for Philly either. They're not ****ing young :lol:. Simmons maybe but Joel is walking around with a max contract, time to produce. Everyone else in the rotation is a vet
Not too young, just too inexperienced

This was pretty much the first year any of the rotation guys even played together

I'm sure many people here didn't even think they'd make the playoffs to begin with

If you don’t think Cleveland is about to win it all you’re not paying attention. I wish Lebron had waited to turn it on so people could still be using the “he’s gassed/ he can’t keep up this pace yet” logic. He’s playing inspired basketball and it’s got his teammates inspired. Kyle Korver is waking up. Kevin Love is “all in” for “fitting in” now and a bunch of role players that’s willing to go to war for Lebron. The 2015 finals did something to him. It opened up another channel in his game when he singlehandedly went up 2-1 on the Warriors. He hasn’t been the same since. They’re bout to win it all. And I’ve the mindset that if he does he honestly should retire to allow his mystique to take on a life of its own. What he’s doing right now is absolutely incredible. Dropping the mic after this would allow everyone to sit back and realize that we took Lebron for granted and what he’s doing for fans of the sport. The 4 out of 9 jokes wouldn’t be able to stand the test of time. All people would think about is how he could have dominated the NBA for another 2 years, 4 years, 6 years and over time the legend would grow.

The Raptors are not on the same level as HOU or GSW. :lol:

Why the hell Derozan not play at all on the 4th?

I don't wanna see the too young excuse for Philly either. They're not ****ing young :lol:. Simmons maybe but Joel is walking around with a max contract, time to produce. Everyone else in the rotation is a vet
Yet all the vets since the actual young guys who were supposed to be in the rotation barely improved or got hurt or forgot how to shoot

You just don't get it:smh:
You're either a winner or you're not.
Simmons is super talented but not a winner
Rozier less talented but straight up winner.
You can tell early in a career whether if someone has it even if they're losing. Ben should living for this ish instead he's folding like tent.

So you gone ignore they continue to blow double digit leads to very avg teams? Cash money they get swept by the West. I literally watched Kyle Korver take people off the dribble last night Canada needs to be ashamed

you said the same thing last year .

Era of forced greatness indeed

lol at cavs and bron stans. cavs roster might be trash compared to the warriors but the roster aint trash compared to other teams. name a better roster in the East?

bron plays best when he has defensive-minded teammates who can stretch the floor. been that way since forever. outside of the warriors and possible the rockets, which team in the nba has more talent?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom