2017 YANKEES SEASON THREAD VOL: All downhill from here

Need one more front end starter next year for the dynasty to begin.

Sevy-Tanak-Gray + 1 more. Would beat pretty much any team.

I'm still expecting a big trade eventually.

But yeah one of Chance or Justus will round out the Rotation

Gary needs to be our permanent DH or 1B next year. dude is an absolute MONSTER at the plate :wow:

30 HRs and missed a month :smh:

Can still be a catcher for a good amount of years. He's actually well above average at framing and throwing out runners. So defensively he's still good. The amount of passed balls compared to a normal catcher is really negligible over the course of a season.

The key is figuring out how much to put him at Catcher.

It's just finding a favorable schedule for him that allows him to catch, and stay consistent with it but also giving him a DH game 1-2 times a week

onewearz onewearz

A way to fix any issues is DH by committee instead of a permanent DH.

My idea after next season when it is tough is to use Sanchez, Starlin, and one or two of the OFers since there will be a log jam as rolling DH duties so everyone gets to play, gets consistent at bats and manages their injuries and fatigue

tough L :smh:

onewearz onewearz

A way to fix any issues is DH by committee instead of a permanent DH.

My idea after next season when it is tough is to use Sanchez, Starlin, and one or two of the OFers since there will be a log jam as rolling DH duties so everyone gets to play, gets consistent at bats and manages their injuries and fatigue

i hear ya, but man this dude is our Albert Pujols, Miguel Cabrera , hate to even include him but David Ortiz |l

u get my point. this dude's value is with the stick. my man can hit .330 with 40 120 , easy I think ... all I'm sayin is if they tell him hang up the catchers gear it wouldn't bother me one bit ..

Romine is a net negative catcher. Not bad at all as a backup, but as an everyday it's bad news.

We'd have to find a new catcher.

U dont need your catcher to hit like this. U need him to worry bout the pitchers and his defense. The hitting is a bonus.

I can live with a catcher hitting .205 but not letting balls go past him constantly :lol:

Sanchez is better defensively than Romine. Better framer and tossing out runners.

The difference is maybe 5 or 6 extra passed balls over 700 innings.

But I get what you're saying. I just don't think it's necessary to move Sanchez out of Catcher role. Could you limit him a bit more on it? Sure. But not to the point where he no longer catches.

I think Chad Green and the story yesterday about Dellin being salty helped pack Dellin's bags for next season. Never thought he liked Girardi , this story in today's paper kinda cemebts that for me. I can see him closing for the cubs, maybe even the Mets if all he wants is to get paid. Im bored at work, humor me :lol:

Felt like we were on borrowed time with Delin after they mad a big fuss about his contract request in arbritation

I think Chad Green and the story yesterday about Dellin being salty helped pack Dellin's bags for next season. Never thought he liked Girardi , this story in today's paper kinda cemebts that for me. I can see him closing for the cubs, maybe even the Mets if all he wants is to get paid. Im bored at work, humor me :lol:

What's this story you speak of? :nerd:

Back pg of both Daily News and the Post.

He's burnt with Girardi for the early hook. I'd find it but I'm a lil busy at the moment.

He's got 2 more seasons before he's a Free Agent. So if we trade him, we'll be idiots. If he walks, he walks.

But I don't fault him for being mad about getting pulled.

A pitcher is always mad when the manager pulls him in the middle of an inning. He'll get over it.

Back
Top Bottom