2017 YANKEES SEASON THREAD VOL: All downhill from here

Don't worry guys 2019 is coming.

IMG_0567.JPG

10 years for Harper
8 years with a player option after 7 for Machado

I wasn't mad Chap was brought back. But he can definitely use some rest. I saw a tweet this morning that suggested it wouldn't be surprising if D-Rob is closing games come September 1st.

Why do we keep bringing up Bryan Mitchell. There hasn't been a more worthless pitcher for us over the past 3-4 years.

Hahahahahaha, that video was great.

Earlier this week someone called into Francesa and said we should send Severino down because of his last start. Mike thought he was joking and then lost it.

I'm not sure we have enough for a deep run this year (Injuries + Question Marks + Too Young).. But man I think we really need to bring this team back next year pretty much intact.... (Except for Todd Fraizer, too old doesn't deserve the money. He is a low 200s hitter now)

Fraizer - Gardner - Judge - Hicks - Ellsbury
Sanchez - Bird - Castro - Didi - Headley - Torreyes - Romine (Torres late in the season)
Severino - Gray - Tanaka - CC - ???? (Montgomery or Chance Adams)
Green - Warren - Shreve - Kahnle - Robertson - Betances - Chapman

Can't let Tanaka go in the offseason. Because if you do, you're in the same spot in all honesty as we thought we were coming into this year. Can only let Tanaka go once you cash in your chips for another top end starter, that would be when you could say "Okay, maybe now we can look at moving Tanaka." If you move him too early, then you're looking at not having enough rotation when everything else is in place.

Could get Hicks & Ellsbury over a 100 games if they are the DH platoon, and giving guys rest or if you stick Hicks in LF, then Clint gets the DH platoon, and play in LF/RF with Ellsbury getting CF when Gardy sits out. I know Ells is an albatross contract, but he's still a 40+ SB guy if he's playing everyday, and although he's inconsistent his hot streaks are good enough to eat another year, and then try to make a trade palatable for teams

Definitely would look at Yu, but that's about it pitching wise... For position players, I'd only consider is Eric Hosmer, but only if his market is one that is good for us, too many years or too much money then nah I'm good.. But Hosmer would allow us to use Bird as part of a package for something else of need. Also only 3 year difference between Hosmer & Bird.

Last edited:
Judge has been hitting .179 since All Star Break, but has an OBP of .340. So dreadful hitting, but is getting On Base at an above average clip. .340 would be 6th on the team (not counting him).

Where the issue appears, is that he's striking out 1.6 times per game rate compared to 1.2 before the All Star Break. At the same time, he's also walking more about .9/game from about .75/game..

Seems to be a mixture of a few things
1. He's refusing to jump on a pitch early in a count even though he needs to. 0-0 count if you lay in a fastball, drive it. Or if you hang a breaking ball up, gotta take a swing.
2. He's getting too patient, which is putting him in tough positions count wise where he's playing to protect.
3. His timing is off because they are now loading up on offspeed and breaking stuff in hitters counts.

Back
Top Bottom