2017 YANKEES SEASON THREAD VOL: All downhill from here

Great trade.

Rutherford had no chance to make this team over the long term. Fraizer & Judge hold down two OF spots and I think there's a 100% chance we end up chasing a big fish in FA after next season for the OF. Even if we don't go after Harper, you add in Gardy, Ells & Hicks over the next few years... Then you have Mateo, Fowler & now Florial coming for Rutherford, he had no shot.

Also trading Clippard for DRob is solid b/c he makes half of what DRob does, so it's not as big of a $ hit

Still want them to go after Sonny...

Just on the basis that over the next 2 years in Free Agency:
2018: Pineda, Cobb, Darvish, Arrieta
2019: Harvey, Keuchel, Price

Most of those deals would age really poorly. And I want nothing to do with Pineda unless it's for 4th/5th starter money. Maybe Darvish & Keuchel would be good if you can get an opt out clause on them, and have them opt out after a few years, and just let them walk, but I don't see Keuchel leaving Houston.

Then look at our Minors: Kaprielian won't be up next season due to TJS, Sheffield is still in AA and is doing okay but not great, Abreu is still in A ball and needs a couple of years, Acevado has struggled and looks like a bullpen guy. Our best bet over the next 2 years is Chance Adams and he's a back end guy.

Sonny would be the best of our options

Tanaka, Gray, Severino, Montgomery, CC and just wait for one of our pitching prospects to take the brass rings

I'd trade Mateo, Acevado and some smaller prospects probably would work

Last edited:
Any shot they stretch out Warren and throw him in the rotation again?

From what I remember reading from a Yankees blog on twitter a while back is they don't think he has the ability to and don't want to screw him up trying.

From what I remember reading from a Yankees blog on twitter a while back is they don't think he has the ability to and don't want to screw him up trying.

Gotcha. Would have saved 'rushing' Adams up. I feel as if once Chance is here, he should stay.

Although as I typed that now I'm reading they may give Warren a shot. (Did in Spring Training and decided it was best to keep him in the pen)

I don't really like it. He's doing well in the pen. I don't want another Joba or Phil Hughes situation.

Maybe going after David Phelps and bringing him back isn't a awful idea because he won't cost nearly as much as Gray

If we stand pat in the rotation

Right now it's
Tanaka, CC, Severino, Montgomery
Cessa, Mitchell, Green, Shreve, Warren, Kahnle, Robertson, Betances, Chapman

Could always just give each of Cessa, Mitchell, Green, Warren 1 start each, and each time around the rotation, the next guy steps up. So this week Cessa is # 5, Next week Mitchell is # 5, etc. etc. And get us to September. And from there, you can bring up Chance Adams and see what you have because come October, should we be so lucky, the # 5 starter only gets in if somebody has a horrific game.

IMG_0328.JPG

Lol

Back
Top Bottom