2017 YANKEES SEASON THREAD VOL: All downhill from here

Tanaka hasn't been great this year... Mixes of occasional brilliance amidst ****... But on pure talent, and over the past 3 years.. If you were to list the top 30 pitchers, he'd hover around 10-15th.... And would still get picked around there if you had a Fantasy draft of just starting pitchers. He's not a Kershaw, but he's still been pretty good in his time as a Yankee. I think that gets lost in here too often, especially now that he's in a big rut.

BUT don't get me wrong, that doesn't mean we don't need to add pitchers.... In my honest opinion, we should be going full bore into the pitching market. Even looking to add 2 names, not just 1 and being satisfied... Specifically Jose Quintana & Gerrit Cole

Safe on the team: Tanaka, Severino, Montgomery, Betances, Chapman, Sanchez, Bird, Castro, Didi, Judge
Won't be able to trade: CC, Ellsbury
Safe Prospects: Fraizer, Torres, Justus Sheffield because he's a lefty, Albert Abreu (That's #1,2,6,10 ranked prospects)

Everybody else would be available for Quintana & Cole (My preference of package for each of them would be a guy on the MLB roster + INF prospect + OF prospect + pitching prospect)

And luckily both really bad teams that are a ways away from even fielding a good team, but have solid farm systems.

Last edited:
Tanaka sucks. If he was on any other team we'd call him all types of overrated

Nope.

Here's why... There are not 30 pitchers better than him, this year sure. People have slumps and sometimes have year long slumps. But long haul and counting the last 3-5, there are not.

Therefore he's an Ace.

Is he top 10? No

That top 10 is a different breed of pitcher all together. And 11-20 which is around where he'd be is not much of a difference talent wise for that tier 2 Ace. Even if you say he's not top 20, the difference between that second tier Ace is really nothing but luck and run support

Last edited:
said it before , Judge being a lil TOO patient for my liking. letting some real meatballs just go by :smh:

Bryce Harper said he wants to play for the Cubs if he leaves.

Longtime baseball scribe Peter Gammons told 670 The Score on Friday that Bryce Harper's preference is to sign with the Chicago Cubs when he hits the open market.

"I have people tell me that Bryce Harper, really, would prefer to play for the Cubs," Gammons said.

:nerd:

Back
Top Bottom