2017 YANKEES SEASON THREAD VOL: All downhill from here

In all reality tho, if we hold Clint, when is he getting PT? Unless Gardner goes down or sucks in 2018, it's his job to lose.

tenor.gif

Gerrit Cole could end up being a Yankee after all.

The righthander who refused to sign with the Bronx Bombers after they selected him in the 2008 draft could be heading to the Bronx now that the Pirates have moved on from requesting super prospect Gleyber Torres coming back in the deal, according to a Yankees source.

Instead, the Bucs would center a deal around 23-year-old outfielder Clint Frazier, who became expendable when the Yankees acquired National League MVP Giancarlo Stanton in a trade with the Marlins earlier this month. Frazier, whom the Yankees received from the Indians in the deal that sent Andrew Miller to Cleveland in 2016, hit .231 with four homers and 17 RBI in 39 games in the big leagues last season.

http://www.nydailynews.com/sports/b...t-cole-pirates-torres-table-article-1.3715282

Here’s what I’d honestly do here on out....

1. Sign Todd Fraizer 1 year / $15mil. Really no other option at 3rd. Don’t think Andujar is ready yet, would probably keep Torres in AAA for a couple of months.
2. Hold on to Clint. Don’t trade him for a Gerrit Cole, we’re fine with Sevy-Tanaka-Gray-CC-Montgomery for right now. Just wait on Clint to see if there’s a bigger name come the trade deadline. Also it’s not really like Gerrit Cole is what pushes us over the hump. I think it’s best to just wait on this front at least. If it was Clint and a bunch of weak prospects for Gerrit, then I’m intrigued at least. But so far the standstill makes it seem like they want Clint and someone else of real value if they have already moved off Gleyber
3. Look to see if you can trade weak prospects for some depth at 2B and maybe a guy who can stretch some innings in the bullpen. Basically Bryan Mitchell’s role the past few seasons. As much as I hated seeing him come in to the game because he sucks, there is a need for that role in the season.
4. Keep working on Ellsbury. Pay half the contract left, including the $5mil buyout and see if any team bites. And if he’ll accept a trade anywhere. We’d essentially be paying $10.6mil for him over the next 3 years and then $5 mil for a 4th year. I think it’ll likely be much easier to trade him after this season in all honesty.

Back
Top Bottom