2017 NIKE NFL Apparel, Footwear & Jerseys

Originally Posted by jayli

Interesting to me that some of the teams apparently aren't even using the Speed Machine template.  I wonder why that is.
same way some didn't use da template they developed for da broncos back when nike had some teams under contract.

shoot...im glad nike aint go HAM with da design..i am definitely not a fan of all that wacky stuff they do in college football..NFL is straight classy and traditional.

Originally Posted by Regal Black

Originally Posted by CLU713

texans jersey 
grin.gif
grin.gif
grin.gif

I hate that thick %@# neck collar.  I was thinking of copping a jersey this year but I'm going to wait till next and hope they do a complete jersey makeover.  We've had the same look since the day we came into the league.
yep.
ohwell.gif
hopefully they do make a change in 2013..

I don't like how thick the collars are for a bunch of the teams now...was that really necessary?  I thought the Uni Watch guy said it best when he pointed out that the Bills and Chargers collars make everyone look like they're wearing a neck roll.  I like the flywire, but I feel like they could've used it without thickening the collars so much.

In general, I'm glad there were minimal changes.  College makes sense for Nike to show their stuff and push the envelope, but NFL franchises are going to want timeless designs and not a "flavor of the year" that is constantly changed.  Not good for their brands.  I find it amusing that some people are upset at Nike for not having drastic changes when they should be upset at their teams.

Now I just want to see how the retail elite jerseys fit, but the sleeves look too baggy for my liking.  Would like to see pics from whoever decides to bite the bullet come April 15...

Originally Posted by DUB 253

Originally Posted by ninjahood

Originally Posted by austin066

Panthers logo also changed slightly

panthers-compare.png
idiots...old one was timeless.
Nah, it's dated. New logo is much better. Everything's subjective tho...

Eh, I didn't have a problem with the old logo, and don't have a problem with the new one either. It's not even that's drastic. I'm sure a lot of people wouldn't even notice the change unless someone told them.

if i'm going to pay 250 i need the exact on the field jersey these players get.

hope the 250 dollar jersey looks nothing like whats on nike's site.

Yea, it's been a lot of mixed reviews here with the Panthers logo. The love for it has been favorable. I have a lot of fitted hats with the old logo and I'll continue to wear them. I like the new logo as well. A change was going to happen sooner or later.

Originally Posted by T21D

Seahawks was the only team to have enough balls to stir things up. All the anticipation, hype, fabric used, blah blah blah is nonsense to the general consumer. Yeah we're blinded and brand loyal to Nike, but really? I was unimpressed. Then you got New Era. Trying to hit us over the head w/ $35 plus tax, Made in China inconsistent sizing fitted.

be patient.  more teams will change their looks next season.  there wasn't enough time for some of them to before this season.

Originally Posted by jeffgdula

Seahawks was the only team to have enough balls to stir things up. All the anticipation, hype, fabric used, blah blah blah is nonsense to the general consumer. Yeah we're blinded and brand loyal to Nike, but really? I was unimpressed. Then you got New Era. Trying to hit us over the head w/ $35 plus tax, Made in China inconsistent sizing fitted.

be patient.  more teams will change their looks next season.  there wasn't enough time for some of them to before this season.
Once they see how much Seahawks stuff sells simply because it is "new", some other shaky apparel revenue franchises (see Bengals, Cards, Browns, Rams, etc...) will almost certainly follow suit.  The Browns could certainly use more orange, the Cards have little in the way of "tradition" or loyalty towards their unis/logo(look for the to use black more), and I think most everyone agrees the Rams looked better with blue and yellow vs. blue and gold.  My main disappointment with the Seahawks is that they didn't put out an alternate primarily neon green helmet.  That would have been pretty sick.

I hope so, but more than likely guess who will be first, picking up an ELITE steelers jersey on the 15th
embarassed.gif

Originally Posted by Bryscooplaygrifhold

Once they see how much Seahawks stuff sells simply because it is "new", some other shaky apparel revenue franchises (see Bengals, Cards, Browns, Rams, etc...) will almost certainly follow suit.  The Browns could certainly use more orange, the Cards have little in the way of "tradition" or loyalty towards their unis/logo(look for the to use black more), and I think most everyone agrees the Rams looked better with blue and yellow vs. blue and gold.  My main disappointment with the Seahawks is that they didn't put out an alternate primarily neon green helmet.  That would have been pretty sick.

Rams blue and gold looks so much classier than the gaudy blue and yellow. Don't get me wrong, I loved our SB winning jerseys, but they were an eyesore. At least Blue and Gold is easier on the eyes. I'm hoping we do get a uni overhaul though. Something much more aggressive.

I'm curious to see if the Cowboys will have a black Alternative jersey like the rumors, and also how different the Thanksgiving day jerseys will be.

Originally Posted by CParkFresh

Originally Posted by XIIz89

Panthers and Falcons aren't using the new template either.

This makes no sense to me... The Elite in the Nike store is different than the Elite on display.

2q2o3h3.png

vs

4ihr2p.png

That elite is Hot *!+ Garbage....
--- HOW ARE YOU ABLE TO VIEW ALL THE JERSEYS LIKE THIS?!? CANT FIND THIS DISPLAY ANYWHERE... PLEASE HELP THANKS 

For those that were asking, the limited name is just the name. The Jersey will be LIMITED on what technology is on it. It will be mostly a replica jersey with the flywire collar and Screen printed sewn on letters and numbers (Just like the premier's/Swingman jerseys Reebok made) That is why I said yesterday the 35 dollar difference is laughable from the Game Jersey to the Limited Jersey. Nike should of just made Limited Jerseys for 115 and the Elite 51's for 250 as they have them now and eliminate Replicas for adults. (Keep them for women and children.)

I just think their Replica price point is a little too much unless someone reallllllyyyyyyy wants a Nike Jersey that bad.

The Panthers jerseys have the words "KEEP POUNDING" on the inside collar in honor fo the late Sam Mills.
panthersx-large.jpg

Originally Posted by ninjahood

shoot...im glad nike aint go HAM with da design..i am definitely not a fan of all that wacky stuff they do in college football..NFL is straight classy and traditional.

699-new-orleans-saints-head-coach-sean-payton-smiles-at-officials.jpg

Just an FYI for folks talking about Price Points...

Nike paid a GRIP to get the Official Apparel for the NFL Contract.. A GRIP.

On top of that keep in mind.. this is NOT like sneakers where Nike sells a pair to the retailer for $55 and it sells for $100 in the store

Nike has to split revenue on Jerseys with the NFL and the NFLPA INC. Players get a cut of EVERYTHING sold in their image as do teams AND the NFL.

Years ago I talked about this and spoke of how Nike knew the Jersey business isn't that lucrative other than selling top sellers in the First year of the contract and then Draft Newbies..but it doesn't sustain throughout the life of the NFL Contract they have.

Hence why they sell SOOO much other stuff and are selling MUCH more now than they did last go round. Nike WILL make their money back and I would venture to say Jerseys wont be their biggest money maker.

and to add to the previous point... from what I've heard and read, these new replicas (gameday jersey) are almost a midpoint between the old replicas and Premiers so this 100 dollar price point makes sense.. I will post pics and impressions as soon as I can (mid to late may)

So happy for this switch, don't really care too much about the jerseys but can't wait to get some new Rams Nike shirts/hoodies.

NIKE > Reebok

Originally Posted by NikeDealer

Hence why they sell SOOO much other stuff and are selling MUCH more now than they did last go round. Nike WILL make their money back and I would venture to say Jerseys wont be their biggest money maker.

What do you think will be their biggest money make than? 
nerd.gif

Back
Top Bottom