2017 NFL Offseason Thread - jetpacunlimited enters the Witness Protection Program

Who's going to win the Super Bowl?

• New England Patriots

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Kansas City Chiefs

• Dallas Cowboys

• Atlanta Falcons

• Detroit Lions

• Seattle Seahawks

• New York Giants

• Green Bay Packers

• Miami Dolphins

• Pittsburgh Steelers

• Oakland Raiders

• Houston Texans

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
Bob Sanders? Cuz Barry was a RB and was playing D

Deion Sanders.

:stoneface:

Irvin was good. 

But Calvin was simply better. 

Idk why it's such a hard concept to understand.

You wanna add all the other stuff to big up Irvin and it never works. 

Brush up on you NFL history fambs. Irvin was a monster. Unfortunately he didn't play in this pass heavy era so you don't respect what he did.

All WRs from this era benefit from the rules changes. Your gonna have a lot of WRs put up big numbers without accomplishing a thing. Calvin is one of those WRs.

If you guys wanna really play this game Kirk Cousins just had a season that rivals anything Troy Aikman ever did. He also hasn't ever won a playoff game. Would you say he's better then Troy?

Last edited:
Moss, TO, and Rice never got the benefit of playing in the "pass happy era" the majority of their careers but are still better than irvin. 
laugh.gif

Originally Posted by spacedoodoo  

Irvin was good. 

But Calvin was simply better. 

Idk why it's such a hard concept to understand.

You wanna add all the other stuff to big up Irvin and it never works. 
I mean he is arguing John Wall is a better "all-around player" than Steph Curry in the NBAthread, so there's that 
laugh.gif

Also you could easily point out, the fact that Calvin was the LONE playmaker on his team with virtually no running threat for YEARS, teams would double and triple cover him, UNLIKE Mr. Irvin who had Troy Aikman, and just some random guy who is the NFL's all-time leading rusher named... um....uhhhh..... Emmitt Smith?

Last edited:
BOSA!! DROY :smokin [emoji]9889[/emoji]️[emoji]9889[/emoji]️[emoji]9889[/emoji]️[emoji]9889[/emoji]️[emoji]9889[/emoji]️[emoji]9889[/emoji]️

I will admit it am eating serious crow. I hated the Bosa pick, wanted Ramsey very badly.
Ramsey turned out fine too but we definitely made a great pick.

10.5 sacks in only 3/4th of the season as a rook? Not even counting all the hurries and pressure he was constantly putting on qbs.

I was wrong, and I couldn't be happier. Kid is a stud :nthat:

I'm not a fan of JG but your main catalyst were rookies after coming off a 4-12 season with your (arguably) top 10 QB going down in preseason and the team finished 13-3. If you check anyone's posts in the predictions thread, in the media, players opinions etc, no one had the Cowboys 13-3 this year being led by two rookies. He had all the excuses on a silver platter for himself this year, especially with half the defense being suspended in the offseason coming into this year.

With that being said, I wouldn't mind another 4-12 season if it meant Garrett getting the axe.

BOSA!! DROY
smokin.gif
[emoji]9889[/emoji]️[emoji]9889[/emoji]️[emoji]9889[/emoji]️[emoji]9889[/emoji]️[emoji]9889[/emoji]️[emoji]9889[/emoji]️

I will admit it am eating serious crow. I hated the Bosa pick, wanted Ramsey very badly.

10.5 sacks in only 3/4th of the season as a rook? Not even counting all the hurries and pressure he was constantly putting on qbs.

I was wrong, and I couldn't be happier. Kid is a stud
nthat.gif
The holdout was worth it. The kid is a BEASTTTT. He was giving Carr problems that he hadn't seen before. 

BOSA!! DROY :smokin [emoji]9889[/emoji]️[emoji]9889[/emoji]️[emoji]9889[/emoji]️[emoji]9889[/emoji]️[emoji]9889[/emoji]️[emoji]9889[/emoji]️

I was wrong, and I couldn't be happier. Kid is a stud :nthat:

Your welcome

BOSA!! DROY
smokin.gif
[emoji]9889[/emoji]️[emoji]9889[/emoji]️[emoji]9889[/emoji]️[emoji]9889[/emoji]️[emoji]9889[/emoji]️[emoji]9889[/emoji]️

I was wrong, and I couldn't be happier. Kid is a stud
nthat.gif
Thank you for the compliment 
nthat.gif

I'm not a fan of JG but your main catalyst were rookies after coming off a 4-12 season with your (arguably) top 10 QB going down in preseason and the team finished 13-3. If you check anyone's posts in the predictions thread, in the media, players opinions etc, no one had the Cowboys 13-3 this year being led by two rookies. He had all the excuses on a silver platter for himself this year, especially with half the defense being suspended in the offseason coming into this year.

With that being said, I wouldn't mind another 4-12 season if it meant Garrett getting the axe.

I can agree with this.
Esp the last part about JG getting fired.

Moss, TO, and Rice never got the benefit of playing in the "pass happy era" the majority of their careers but are still better than irvin. :lol:

Moss best season was what year again? Rice or TO aren't better then Irvin either.

Here's the part you guys refuse to grasp...

Irvin was nicknamed "The Playmaker" due to his penchant for making big plays in big games during his college and pro careers

Calvin, TO and Moss made a lot of great catches. Irvin was making THEE catches. Dallas wouldn't have a dynasty without him showing up in the clutch time and time again.

Clutch catches on a dynasty > great catches in week 7.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom