2017 NBA Playoffs Thread - CLE @ BOS Game 5 on TNT

Status
Not open for further replies.
Voter fatigue was real with MJ. But Bron has made it pretty damn clear he stopped caring about the regular season a few season ago. There have simply been guys who've performed better than him over the seasons.

DAZNXq8UMAE0Gix.jpg

In '91, KAREEM was almost universally considered the GOAT, although Celtic fans argued back in '91 that it was Russell or Cousy. 

Kareem disqualified from GOAT talks for being destroyed by Moses Malone in his prime in the finals
Wrong. The entire Laker team was destroyed. And Kareem was NOT in his prime in the '83 Finals, dude was 36 lol.

Kareem averaged 24 ppg and 2.3 blks per game in that series. Malone averaged 28, 18, and 1.5 blks. That's hardly being "destroyed."

The Lakers had Kareem and Magic, an old Bob McAdoo and a struggling Wilkes that series, Worthy broke his leg and missed the playoffs, and that was all she wrote. Norm Nixon got traded for Byron Scott and the Lakers began starting Worthy shortly thereafter. The '83 Lakers was NOT Showtime by any stretch of the imagination.

You seem to forget nobody could handle Andrew Toney that series and Dr. J did anything and everything he wanted while Bobby Jones and Mo Cheeks continued to be the disruptive element on defense that LA had no answer for.

Last edited:
I'm almost positive that Magic, Bird, Kareem and Russell were still held in higher acclaim. 91 was literally the year the 'torch was passed from the Magic-Bird era'. MJ wasn't no GOAT after 1 chip.

The tide was turning man

Like I linked lakersman3k

https://www.si.com/nba/2015/03/04/michael-jordan-sportsman-1991-vault-chicago-bulls

There's some other stuff that I've read in passing, but ppl were saying it. Jack literally said an argument could be made, and that was essentially my point that ppl were considering him the goat in 91

Not as widespread as it was now but some were saying it

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom