2016 Official NBA Off-Season Thread: Former Greatness

Comparing Melo to LeBron :rolleyes

nick_nt.jpg

Who you taking RIGHT now....Marc or DJ?

:nerd:

right now, DJ easily. And i dont even like DJ as a CLipper fan.

But Marc of two years ago or DJ of now? Marc in a landslide.

He has too many what ifs with health coming up. I hope he gets through it. Plays the right way and a much more "championship" player.

Melo needs another Chauncey Billups to get him into his game. When Melo is the lone superstar and he's trying to do everything himself he's garbage. That's the sole problem with the Knicks. The whole time Melo has been on the Knicks he hasn't had a good solid PG that will feed him the ball when he needs it. When he was on the Nuggets that team was ballin. They were one Trevor Ariza steal from making the finals. They had it man and Melo was incredible. All the Knicks teams have shown is that Melo is a better sidekick than alpha dog.
The end of your theory makes no sense to me because he clearly wasn't a sidekick on the Nuggets, he was the alpha dog. And in the 54 win Knicks season he was the alpha dog. I don't see how his lack of help has shown he is better as a sidekick ::Kanye shrug::

I also don't understand how he consistently can't make the playoffs but before this Knicks stuff the last 3 seasons, he and Tim Duncan were the only 2 players in the league to make the playoffs every season
Billups and AI were the alphas on that team. Yes Melo was the best player, but he wasn't the Alpha. He needs someone giving him the ball in the right spots, that's why he excels on the USA team. He doesn't have to dominate the ball. Going to the Knicks has proved all of that because he's in a far weaker conference and can't even sniff the playoffs. If he was a great Alpha they could at least make the 8th seed every year barring the year he shut it down for injury.

Right or Wrong, Melo is always going to be compared to LeBron because they came into the league together and are seen as peers/rivals. Every star has that "other" guy that their careers are intertwined with. Just like Magic/Bird.

Unless you were a child or living under a rock back in 03...you know how closely their careers were linked. One didn't get mentioned without the other and they were constantly compared to each other. Just because one significantly surpassed the other doesn't mean it's "unfair" to still recognize the fact that they are linked to each other.

This whole idea around "alpha" and "beta" has to be the worst **** to hit sports debates in a long long time.
But how because we had the best example of it in OKC. Two incredible players but Russ was clearly the Alpha and KD was the Beta.

Boston with 22 national TV appearances (non-NBATV). Toronto has six.

If the Knicks are on the bubble on the last night of the season… they will have a good chance of getting in.

Pelicans, Wizards, Mavs, Heat, Hawks, Blazers, Pacers, Grizzlies all play opponents with likely playoff seeding implications final night.

Bulls-Spurs and Clippers-Lakers on Christmas.

Spurs-Warriors play at Oracle opening night. Cavs host Knicks for ring night.

Back
Top Bottom