2016 Official NBA Off-Season Thread: Former Greatness

I just can't imagine anyone stopping the warriors offense for multiple possessions at a time. They're just too potent. OK so you expose their lack of bogut on defense, cool. But then what the **** are you gonna do? Lack of bogut is only a weakness if you turn around and stymie their offense as well. They know their weakness and they will just work around it by bombing you on offense.

Only an act of God can slow this team. May God have mercy on the entirety of the league.

Last edited:
I just can't imagine anyone stopping the warriors offense for multiple possessions at a time. They're just too potent. OK so you expose their lack of bogut on defense, cool. But then what the **** are you gonna do? Lack of bogut is only a weakness if you turn around and stymie their offense as well. They know their weakness and they will just work around it by bombing you on offense.

Only an act of God can slow this team. May God have mercy on the entirety of the league.
Bruh LBJ cooked with Bogut out. He will lay feces on Zaza

Dubs are so much better than the 11 Heat it's not even funny.
They have to go through a tough WEST. Will have a challenge in every round. 

That 11 East was doo doo.
If Wade and Bron dont go on that 19-5 run to clinch out the ECF it wouldve been a 7 game series.

I think people are only saying the East is weak bc no matter which team Bron is on, he gets to the finals and makes it LOOK easy.

Honestly I think its time to start saying the west is weak as hell now. Whos gonna stop this Dub team? Clippers? Portland? 
laugh.gif
Spurs have a shot but because of their boring system that doesnt  they cant handle an offensive onslaught if the whole team catches fire and Kawhi has to guard 4 guys at once which smells like trouble since the old legs arent gonna keep up around him.

Golden State's failures came down to HB not being able to hit the side of a barn. Now they have that Beta guy getting those looks. They're going to be fine.

If Wade and Bron dont go on that 19-5 run to clinch out the ECF it wouldve been a 7 game series.

I think people are only saying the East is weak bc no matter which team Bron is on, he gets to the finals and makes it LOOK easy.

Honestly I think its time to start saying the west is weak as hell now. Whos gonna stop this Dub team? Clippers? Portland? 
laugh.gif
Spurs have a shot but because of their boring system that doesnt  they cant handle an offensive onslaught if the whole team catches fire and Kawhi has to guard 4 guys at once which smells like trouble since the old legs arent gonna keep up around him.
West super weak. ITs GSW, Clippers and Spurs. No other team matters.

Nobody scared of the clippers man [emoji]128514[/emoji]. DeAndre can't even be on the floor in the 4th, Blake will have a accident and co3 will fall short. And old man Crawford/rivers aren't the most dependable dudes. Don't get me started on fat Paul and the other nobodies.

I'd take this version of d west over speights anyday. The only real thing they are missing is bogut and Barbosa 6 minutes a game. Steph, klay, kd, dray and zsa zsa with livi, iggy, West, Clark off the bench, seeing how Clark probably won't play much in the playoffs is fine. U just need to add pieces to play in the regular season when u wanna rest your guys. That 8 man rotation, assuming u switching and playing with line ups, u got 2 all Stars on the floor at all times. I'd sign Mcgee, 6 fouls and garbage minutes player. If zsa zsa can be half of what healthy bogut is they are in good shape.

I still don't know what West did that was better than Speights. They may have had around the same PPG, but West was totally washed as a Spur, and often a complete non-factor, just collecting a check. Minus some random goofy gafs and marginal defense, Speights was key in a good amount of games for the Warriors, especially late in the season. Are there some deep advanced stats that say otherwise, cause it surely wasn't with the eye test.

I still don't know what West did that was better than Speights. They may have had around the same PPG, but West was totally washed as a Spur, and often a complete non-factor, just collecting a check. Minus some random goofy gafs and marginal defense, Speights was key in a good amount of games for the Warriors, especially late in the season. Are there some deep advanced stats that say otherwise, cause it surely wasn't with the eye test.
Prime speights=washed west. I'll take washed west considering I know what he is capable of doing if he decides to have a flashback game. And I never wrote him off last year just because he was in the spurs system. He went from the 2nd option to a role player off the bench in a whole new system. I'd still take him over mo anyday.

West was wayyyy more efficient than Speights and he doesn't chuck with no regard for human life. He played a decent role on a historically elite defensive feam. He's at the age where he can nose dive but he's good insurance for getting Draymond rest.

West was wayyyy more efficient than Speights and he doesn't chuck with no regard for human life. He played a decent role on a historically elite defensive feam. He's at the age where he can nose dive but he's good insurance for getting Draymond rest.
And he still shot very well from the midrange last season. 14 a game still per 36. However David West's defense and production fell off a cliff once the playoffs began and he couldn't make a shot. I'm not too confident in David West being able to defend well enough to give GSW good minutes come playoff time. Plus he doesn't shoot 3's, which sucks.

If Zaza and West don't matter, you'll have a tough time finding any team with more than 6 players that matter. Their stats were solid for role players.

How yall have a Dipset discussion and not post the denim pic?

You know, I wanted to bring it up but I wasn't sure if that was the same Dipset. If I weren't on my phone I would post it. I know someone has it saved :lol:

Curry disappears in the finals and Durant didappears in big games. If the finals go 6, Cleveland should be fine.

Calm down, GSW fanatics

West is BEYOND washed. Dude was out there tricking off layups and getting shut down by Enes Kanter, a historically poor defensive big

If Zaza and West don't matter, you'll have a tough time finding any team with more than 6 players that matter. Their stats were solid for role players.
West was pretty bad in the playoffs and from about AS break on so was Zaza. I can't imagine that they'll matter much when GSW has to play SAS, LAC, or even Memphis come playoff time. 

David West shot 16% from the midrange area in the playoffs this past season and wasn't as good overall for SAS in the 2nd half of last season either. Zaza was at 5ppg a game on like 40% post AS break. He wasn't good, and Rick knew it.

Maybe saying they "won't matter" is a stretch, but GSW will suffer anytime they're on the floor in the playoffs and having to use them against a Blake, DJ, or Lamarcus or something.

Last edited:
West was pretty bad in the playoffs and from about AS break on so was Zaza. I can't imagine that they'll matter much when GSW has to play SAS, LAC, or even Memphis come playoff time. 

David West shot 16% from the midrange area in the playoffs this past season and wasn't as good overall for SAS in the 2nd half of last season either. Zaza was at 5ppg a game on like 40% post AS break. He wasn't good, and Rick knew it.

Maybe saying they "won't matter" is a stretch, but GSW will suffer anytime they're on the floor in the playoffs and having to use them against a Blake, DJ, or Lamarcus or something.

Meh, other than DJ Draymond with be guarding the other teams best post player. DJ doesn't have a good enough offensive game to really make them pay for putting zaza on him.

clippers need to pick up one more shooter

not sure why doc aint reached out lebron loving allen he is one of hisexceltic players afteral

Last edited:
Ian Clark could be a lowkey nice bench player

Zaza is a borderline starter but on a team like golden state, is definitely viable starter

with a guy like steph curry making stupid behind the back passes and jacking up 30 foot shots when cold in crucial finals games mcgee should fit right in

Draymond Green's nsfw Snapchat is trending on Twitter. He lied about his Snaphat getting hacked. Everybody knows he accidentally checked "My Story" on :lol: :smh:

I feel bad for Warriors/Draymond Green fans who opened Green's SC story this morning

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom