2016 Official NBA Off-Season Thread: Former Greatness

Start Adams, Ilyasova, Durant, Roberson and Westbrook.

When it's time to close, go with Adams, Roberson, Durant, Oladipo and Westbrook.

Man trade rumours this year have been straight up ridiculous. More than previous years.

Wizards offering Noah a full max deal
laugh.gif

Noel + Covington + filler for Teague
Noel + Covington + 2 first rounders for Celtics #3

There were more but I have no time to write out the rest. Plain stupid.
A day later and I still think the C's are buggin' for not jumping on that after the Jimmy talks fell through.

Dudes must really believe in Brown.

When it's time to close, go with Adams, Roberson, Durant, Oladipo and Westbrook.

Id bring roberson off the bench and use him in a variey of roles

Primary backup at both sg and sf.. play him with kd/russ.. play him with payne/oladipo

Then you play him in the small ball lineup

Id bring roberson off the bench and use him in a variey of roles

Primary backup at both sg and sf.. play him with kd/russ.. play him with payne/oladipo

Then you play him in the small ball lineup
Not getting the most value out of him unless they play a team with a scorer off the bench.

Minus whale let him start the game vs the best perimeter scorer on the other team.

Starting Oladipo just marginalizes him with Westbrook and Durant dominating the ball.

^ im thinking you stagger mins with guys.. where youre going have offense with defense

Hopefully payne and kanter can carry the bench scoring (with what we have now).. then you stagger starters with those units

So youll have a unit of say: payne oladipo roberson kanter and adams

Last edited:

[thread="650415"] [/thread]
Harden also shot 39% from deep on high volume.
They don't need a 3 and D guy so bad that it negates everything else Oladipo brings.

It's madness to even suggest Oladipo is such a bad 3pt shooter that none of his other tools offset that or losing Ibaka.

OKC is heaps better with Oladipo for an array of reasons, but having to explain or argue for this is like trying to convince an atheist there really is a GOD, wasted words.
You don't need a 3 & D guy so bad when you already have two very high usage perimeter players who handle the ball a ton? When you have to beat the most prolific 3 point shooting team in the history of the sport?

To max his value, he needs to be on the ball. They already have two dudes for that. I don't like the fit at the expense of Serge.

I've said all along that I think KD stays in OKC for another year, but last night's trade seals it. There is no better situation for him to be in than OKC right now.

Request to CP, can we get a list of all the free agents as well as restricted on the first page? With team and player options as well :]

Thanks in advance

Above and beyond would be trades but I'm pushing it I know

Request to CP, can we get a list of all the free agents as well as restricted on the first page? With team and player options as well :]

Thanks in advance

I'm sure he's got that readily available too though.

Hearing and reading Ibaka not being happy with his role, strained relationships with Durant and Westbrook, likely to leave OKC next year. Interesting.
I always got the sense he didn't get along with Westbrook. It seemed like they would bark at each other at least once every game 
laugh.gif

You don't need a 3 & D guy so bad when you already have two very high usage perimeter players who handle the ball a ton? When you have to beat the most prolific 3 point shooting team in the history of the sport?

To max his value, he needs to be on the ball. They already have two dudes for that. I don't like the fit at the expense of Serge.
You need what Oladipo can offer late in games more than a 3 and D guy.

That's why I believe they just start Roberson and Oladipo is off the bench.

OKC didn't lose to GSW because they couldn't overcome the high% 3.

Serge was the most expendable and tradeable rotation player that the Thunder had.

Last edited:

Thunder pretty much played the Warriors to a dead heat (even beat them in a few key categories), but the Warriors made it up with their three point shooting.

Thanks in advance

This would be an almost completely irrational request, if you were asking almost anybody else but CP

Thunder pretty much played the Warriors to a dead heat (even beat them in a few key categories), but the Warriors made it up with their three point shooting.
When the series is over and you look at 3pt %, it's easy to say OKC lost because of that.

Perspective really, in a vacuum it's even logical.

Watching it play out though, OKC got murdered from 3 and were still in control most of that series, they withstood the 3 ball barrages, but their lack of 3pt didn't lose that series, we ALL know what lost them the series.

well that combined with our horrid 3 point shooting the last 2 games

then you look at where the bar is set, waiters whose role oladipo will be taking over (assuming) had the following the last 3 games:

game 5: 27 mins 0/4 fgs (0/1 on 3s)

game 6: 36 mins 1/5 fgs (1/3 on 3s)

game 7: 32 mins 2/9 fgs (0/5 on 3s)

So we're replacing Roberson with him? Where exactly is he playing?

if he's at the 2 then who is checking the 3s? KD? So then who's checking the 4s? Slow *** Ilyasova? Kanter?

Or we go KD at the 4, Roberson at the 3. If we then try to "set up" Oladipo like they did with Roberson, what exactly is Roberson's man going to do be doing in this scenario? Conceding the 3 to Roberson while roaming around & being disruptive right?

Dipo can run with the 2nd unit, but wasn't that the point of staggering KD & Russ's minutes and drafting Payne last year?

I just explained how they have enough money to sign a stretch four like Ryan Anderson, you move Roberson to the bench.

Yea staggering the minutes was good but with Oladipo you have even more options, I don't see how that's bad in anyway. He gives you the ability to sit Russ and KD, we saw how that worked for the Warriors.

Even in a lineup with him and Roberson, the athleticism and finishing ability will win out. It's not as if defenses are built to handle a Russ drive followed by an Oladipo drive.

Just with how help works, either Adams gets a dunk or KD gets a 3 and they will be the best rebounding lineup in the league by a large margin. The defensive talent is off the charts too.

OKC will be a juggernaut, I'm saying it now.

I'm trying to watch every game they have in NYC/PHI.

When the series is over and you look at 3pt %, it's easy to say OKC lost because of that.

Perspective really, in a vacuum it's even logical.

Watching it play out though, OKC got murdered from 3 and were still in control most of that series, they withstood the 3 ball barrages, but their lack of 3pt didn't lose that series, we ALL know what lost them the series.
Klay Thompson going off in game 6 
mean.gif
 and then he disappeared for most of the finals 
mean.gif

mean.gif

Back
Top Bottom