2016 Official NBA Off-Season Thread: Former Greatness

For sure, baseball has more talented players under 25 than basketball which is crazy to think about.

It's not just the MLB's fault, baseball itself is just not interesting to most people unless you grew up with it, are a numbers geek or just a sports head.

Not to mention the guys wear helmets and hats all the time.
It's such a tough sport for someone to get into if they didn't grow up with it. 

I wonder if Basketball will jump over Baseball in popularity once the youth of today get older and the older people now who grew up with baseball start to pass away. Because the numbers are out there, baseball from a fanfare perspective is in a decline.

NBA has 10 players on the court at a time and they're wearing a tank and shorts. You can see every player on the court at all times.

Baseball has 18 and you basically only see one player's face at a time; the batter. You get a closeup of the pitcher in between pitches. The other 16 players get no shine unless one of th denfaice players makes a play.

Football is the worst when it comes to this. There are a lot of dudes who I still wouldn't recognize in the streets and I actually follow the sport :lol:

NBA has 10 players on the court at a time and they're wearing a tank and shorts. You can see every player on the court at all times.

Baseball has 18 and you basically only see one player's face at a time; the batter. You get a closeup of the pitcher in between pitches. The other 16 players get no shine unless one of th denfaice players makes a play.

Football is the worst when it comes to this. There are a lot of dudes who I still wouldn't recognize in the streets and I actually follow the sport :lol:
Also the structure of the leagues; In the NBA, players can stay 4-5 years with a team. In football, there's so much turnover every year.

Eh...That argument is valid with football, but not baseball. The players get close-ups all the time. All of them, from your stars to your scrubs. Every at-bat averages what?...3+ minutes? I don't know the answer, but I do know it's more than enough to see the faces of the batter/pitcher/batter/infielder chewing gum/pitcher, multiple times. You get more than a good look. Baseball right now just is not as marketable as basketball.

Last edited:
Also, The NBA has probably benefitted the most from the social media boom that has become our society in recent years.

The sport is tailor made for Vine, Twitter, and Instagram.

You ain't lying with football g, it's ridiculous. :lol:

I love Robert Quinn but would not know him if I seen him at all.

Also, The NBA has probably benefitted the most from the social media boom that has become our society in recent years.

Vine really changed everything.

It's so easy to fit a dunk, crossover, or game winner in a 6 second video.

Vine really changed everything.

It's so easy to fit a dunk, crossover, or game winner in a 6 second video.

And in that vine you know exactly what the player looks like. You see Kevin Pillar make a diving catch, you just know he's white :lol:

Don't get it twisted, MLB is still the GOAT when it comes to being a player.

But man, 1 day off a week from April through Sept? And they dont just be at the stadium for 3 hours. They probably there for 8+ hours a day,

Now, I'd of course trade my job for theirs, but when it comes to sports, they spend the most time on their job, by far.

Bismack Biyombo is commanding 17 mil a year. I just realized that dude is only 6 9' he def plays bigger than his height but I'm not sure if he's worth 17 mil a year. I'd take Tristan Thompson over Biyombo.

You have to stop looking at the raw numbers of the deal since the cap is inflated. 17 mil this summer is 10 mil right now.

Last edited:
So Harden had his set rob ol boy?

BOcbMHICEAEx_IR.jpg

Bismack and Tristan are about equal in value imo.

Nah. Thompson way more proven and reliable to play his role.

Back
Top Bottom