2016 MLB thread. THE CUBS HAVE BROKEN THE CURSE! Chicago Cubs are your 2016 World Series champions

Status
Not open for further replies.
They better do something with Gary Brown.  Because as it stands, he couldn't hit is way out of a wet paper bag.

That's because they changed his stance... Didn't want the same thing that happened to Belt, but Gary was WAY more receptive to the change...

At A&M baseball games I usually stand right behind the plate where the scouts are and talk to a few of them. I can't tell you specifics because this was just a conversation that i overheard, but I heard the Giants scout who heavily scouted Belt say that he was one of the best natural hitters he's ever seen, and the Giants staff was trying to make too drastic of changes to his swing away from what had made him successful. He said the whole situation was a mess. 

At A&M baseball games I usually stand right behind the plate where the scouts are and talk to a few of them. I can't tell you specifics because this was just a conversation that i overheard, but I heard the Giants scout who heavily scouted Belt say that he was one of the best natural hitters he's ever seen, and the Giants staff was trying to make too drastic of changes to his swing away from what had made him successful. He said the whole situation was a mess. 

If they really wanted to do it, they should have done it RIGHT away. Same thing with Gary.

I'm sorry, I dont buy any of this "Giants tried to make too drastic of changes with Belt's swing" for his good talk at all.  Especially given the fact that Belt never made any significant changes up until around August of this past season.  The biggest problems with Belt have been the loop in his swing, which led to the inability to hit an inside pitch, as well as confidence issues and him overthinking everything. 

To blame coaching on Belt's early career struggles is absolutely ridiculous.  I dont care how good of a hitter he was in college with a metal bat.  Hopefully he has turned the corner.

I'm sorry, I dont buy any of this "Giants tried to make too drastic of changes with Belt's swing" for his good talk at all.  Especially given the fact that Belt never made any significant changes up until around August of this past season.  The biggest problems with Belt have been the loop in his swing, which led to the inability to hit an inside pitch, as well as confidence issues and him overthinking everything. 

To blame coaching on Belt's early career struggles is absolutely ridiculous.  I dont care how good of a hitter he was in college with a metal bat.  Hopefully he has turned the corner.

Lol if ur referring to me, I'm not saying that at all... I'm just saying it's interesting they decided to do it with both Gary and him at more or less the same time in their career and not earlier.

I'm not. 
laugh.gif

U owe it to yourself homie. Take 2 hours out of this weekend, get your hand on it however, your stimulant of choice and enjoy classic cinema ...

:lol:

It's not like DHWAV just came out and I decided to only watch that one. I was 10 years old when it came out and probably 11 or 12 when I saw it on the movie channel and decided to watch. Back then I didn't even know there were more before.

I don't know why I'm explaining this. :lol:

I'll watch soon. I promise.

:lol:

It's not like DHWAV just came out and I decided to only watch that one. I was 10 years old when it came out and probably 11 or 12 when I saw it on the movie channel and decided to watch. Back then I didn't even know there were more before.

I don't know why I'm explaining this. :lol:

I'll watch soon. I promise.

This is why we had a movie thread in S&T to help people with your condition. We could have gotten you the help that you need. Hell, if I remember right, someone in that thread was actually giving away a blu ray copy of one of the Die Hard's I thought. :lol:

Sadly, we were moved to General, but the thread still lives on over there. :nthat:

Jon Heyman reporting Choo has a deal with the Rangers 7 years. No monetary figures...has to be over $140 which is what the Yankees offered.

Choo got 130. I can't believe he got over 100. I still can't believe Ellsbury got over 110 so what do I know.

I thought Youk wanted to play in LA? How the hell did he end up in Japan? Happy he's not a Yankee this year

According to Rosenthal, the deal Choo signed with Texas is better than the deal the Yankees supposedly offered before of $140 mil. With the state income tax in NY, the Yankees would've had to offer Choo $147 mil to match Texas' $130.

I still don't believe that Yankees offered Choo 140. It was never reported until a couple of days ago, think Boras spreads that rumor to help get Choo paid. The rumor was Yanks offered Beltran the deal and if he didn't accept right there, then they would go get Choo. So it doesn't add up.

The rumors I read were that if Choo didn't agree with the Yanks then they'd go get Beltran, which is what happened. So that part adds up to me, however it wouldn't of made sense for them to offer that type of contract to Choo so who knows.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom