2016 MLB thread. THE CUBS HAVE BROKEN THE CURSE! Chicago Cubs are your 2016 World Series champions

Status
Not open for further replies.
Nah man, they would be good but there's still other great teams. Players choose not to play, teams can't tell them no.

Damn, he should have been out. Lindor messed up the tag. ****
the teams can clearly tell their players not to play.....

I don't see what point you're missing...these guys are playing for legit 400 million dollar contracts..has nothing to do with pride 

I'm not gonna go back and forth, teams can't tell them to do ****. There's hispanic players out there that make 100-200 mil. USA has had their star players play before. It's pride, ego and money. If you can find an article saying that teams can say no, I'll admit I was wrong, I've seen them talk about it on MLB Network a few times and they've said teams can't stop them from playing.

Baez was safe. Molina was safe. SMMFH

I'm not gonna go back and forth, teams can't tell them to do ****. There's hispanic players out there that make 100-200 mil. USA has had their star players play before. It's pride, ego and money. If you can find an article saying that teams can say no, I'll admit I was wrong, I've seen them talk about it on MLB Network a few times and they've said teams can't stop them from playing.

Baez was safe. Molina was safe. SMMFH
Teams can and will void the contracts of players if they don't want them to play....

plus from a business standpoint if your employer tells you to stop messing around and theres 200 million on the table you aren't going out and playing 

Players injured during the World Baseball Classic will have their salaries paid by the WBC organization while they are unable to play for their major league teams.

That would mean that players such as Yankees first baseman Mark Teixeira and Dodgers shortstop Hanley Ramirez will be paid by the WBC during their respective absences.

Teixeira, who makes $22.5 million this season, is expected to miss 8-10 weeks with a partially torn tendon sheath in his right wrist. He was injured while taking batting practice with Team USA before the start of its tournament play.

Ramirez, who makes $15.5 million this season, is expected to miss eight weeks with a torn ligament in his right thumb. Ramirez was injured during last Tuesday's WBC title game while playing for the champion Dominican Republic.

Syndergaard was asked on Friday whether he had any regrets about not playing for the United States in the tournament. He said no and explained, “Because I’m a Met.” He added, “Ain’t nobody make it to the Hall of Fame and win the World Series playing in the W.B.C.”

And when fans from the United States talk about baseball with one another, does anyone speak passionately about this tournament? With so many of the best American players deciding they would rather stay with their teams, it sends a powerful message to fans: We don’t care, so why should you?

“A key to the W.B.C.’s success is to have the best possible rosters we can have,” Commissioner Rob Manfred acknowledged in Phoenix last month, just after spring training began. “I think we’ve made real progress this time around in terms of the quality of the rosters.”

Trout has no health concerns; he simply declined for personal reasons. In weighing his options last year,

Harper bluntly said he did not sense much excitement from other stars.“I really just think if we have the support of all the players in the big leagues on the American side, then I’ll definitely play,” he told CSN Mid-Atlantic. “I’d love to. Hopefully, we get some guys like Thor in New York and guys like that.”

Thor, of course, is Syndergaard, who is ensconced in Port St. Lucie as the rare Mets starter not coming off surgery. No rational Mets fan would want to see Syndergaard overdo it in March because, as the official marketing slogan goes, “This year, we play #FORGLORY.” Harper, predictably, declined to play, too.

And let’s face it: This event is not about the United States, anyway. Among many Latin American players, there is an endearing, authentic verve for the tournament. In winning the 2013 W.B.C., the Dominicans rallied around a lucky banana. They are stacked again, with Jose Bautista, Dellin Betances, Robinson Cano, Nelson Cruz, Jeurys Familia, Manny Machado, Starling Marte, Carlos Martinez, Gregory Polanco, Carlos Santana and Edinson Volquez. When Hanley Ramirez went down with a sore shoulder, the team replaced him with Jean Segura, who led the National League in hits last season. My goodness.

“It’s incredible,” Betances said. “I feel like all the top players want to play in it, which is pretty cool. I feel like you could make two teams with some of the guys who aren’t even participating. It’s unbelievable, that roster.”

The 2013 runner-up, Puerto Rico, has Javier Baez, Carlos Beltran, Carlos Correa, Edwin Diaz, Francisco Lindor and Yadier Molina. Venezuela looks strong, too, with Jose Altuve, Miguel Cabrera, Alcides Escobar, Felix Hernandez, Odubel Herrera, Ender Inciarte, Victor Martinez, Salvador Perez and Francisco Rodriguez.

It can't be any clearer than that

SMH, can't believe we let them tie it up. Hell of a play at home though. That throw and tag, perfection.

Last edited:
That's the right call.
laugh.gif

Ball was out of his hands before contact. He was looking for a bailout.

These sliding rules and home plate rules are all BS.

Finally this place gets loud 

You could get tickets by the Netherlands dugout for less than 40 bucks each

I really hope we end this now. The 11th inning base runners rule is dumb as ****.

Lindor or Correa with the walk off.

**** !

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom