2016 MLB thread. THE CUBS HAVE BROKEN THE CURSE! Chicago Cubs are your 2016 World Series champions

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hilarious and sad that they're forcing him to retire. But man, they could have waited until Monday to do this. This is Junior's weekend, man.

Yankees really forcing Alex out :lol:

I wonder if he'll try play again next year. I'm sure his special services contract with the team isn't Ironclad.

Dude is just too close to major milestones to hang it up.

It's complete ********. Whole team isn't hitting. Yankees don't want to pay him those HR bonuses. He gets a big bonus for hitting 700 and 714 and 715. That **** is weak. He could DH the rest of the year and go for it but instead, Brian McCann will DH a few games this week and he's been just as bad as Alex. SMMFH. This **** is weak.

$30M marketing agreement based on home run milestones ($6M each for reaching 660, 700, 714, 755 and tying and breaking major league HR record)

Yankees really forcing Alex out :lol:

I wonder if he'll try play again next year. I'm sure his special services contract with the team isn't Ironclad.

Dude is just too close to major milestones to hang it up.
He could play this year and next and probably not pass 715... Dude is toast. He knows it.

I'd fight for A-Rod all day long, but he's done. Kind of surprised he's willing to walk away four homers short.

Can't believe they didn't just run him out there the rest of the season though and at least let him hit 700.

$30M marketing agreement based on home run milestones ($6M each for reaching 660, 700, 714, 755 and tying and breaking major league HR record)

Was there really increased interest with those milestones? It seems so unenthusiastic from a fan perspective

Yanks in full rebuild mode and I'm fine with it get these old guys outta here. McCann is next this summer

Last edited:
So it was ok for them to throw Jeter out there for 145 games when they were fighting for the division but now that they are in rebuild mode they cant throw A-Rod out there to DH for the rest of the season to see if he can hit 700? I don't see why he's going to be an advisor for the team now either. He owes them nothing for the way they treated him throughout the years.

The end of an era
175095487-baseball-casual-portrait-of-mlb-shortstops-gettyimages.jpg

So it was ok for them to throw Jeter out there for 145 games when they were fighting for the division but now that they are in rebuild mode they cant throw A-Rod out there to DH for the rest of the season to see if he can hit 700? I don't see why he's going to be an advisor for the team now either. He owes them nothing for the way they treated him throughout the years.

Because **** Arod

Guys like arod partially ruined my childhood with their **** decisions to cheat the game I love. Im all for 2nd chances in life but..... Bye Felicia dont let the door smack you on the way out

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom