2016 MLB thread. THE CUBS HAVE BROKEN THE CURSE! Chicago Cubs are your 2016 World Series champions

Status
Not open for further replies.
Just an AWFUL trade for the Giants.  Really disappointed and upset that we basically panicked into making this move.  

Gross.

J Brigante Beltran (@jbb212)
12 mins ago - View on Twitter
Really hope we trade McCann and as much as it pains me to see my uncle go, I think it'd be best to trade Carlos Beltran #mlb #Yankees

Yanks should send Carlos over to Queens for a reunion. We'll take Nimmo.

Sources say it's coming down to Indians or Rangers for Beltran. Likeliness of trade is high.

Last edited:

Just an AWFUL trade for the Giants.  Really disappointed and upset that we basically panicked into making this move.  

Gross.
I agree.

The asking price on RP has gone up too damn far, enough is enough 
sick.gif

Ken Rosenthal ‏@Ken_Rosenthal 2m2 minutes ago
Dillon Tate would head to #Yankees in Beltran deal.

Ken Rosenthal ‏@Ken_Rosenthal 1m1 minute ago
Tate was the #Rangers’ first-round pick, fourth overall, in the 2015 draft. He would head to #Yankees in Beltran deal.

Holy ****

Yanks gonna have a clear roster for the 2018 FA bonanza and have the #1 system in the sport.

They should keep selling in November and next deadline as well.

Granted Tate has been pretty disappointing in comparison to the other top picks in his draft, but the risk/reward is pretty favorable.

Gross.
Really? Will Smith is nasty and has a few years of control left I believe.
I am upset that we traded our #1 minor league prospect for a relief pitcher that isnt even a closer.  Smith is nasty, sure.  But trading your #1 prospect for a guy like him is not a good look IMO.  

I am upset that we traded our #1 minor league prospect for a relief pitcher that isnt even a closer.  Smith is nasty, sure.  But trading your #1 prospect for a guy like him is not a good look IMO.  
Had no idea he was a #1 prospect. On the plus side, I believe Smith can close and would've been the Brewers closer if he didn't get hurt in ST.

Had no idea he was a #1 prospect. On the plus side, I believe Smith can close and would've been the Brewers closer if he didn't get hurt in ST.
Well, our #1 prospect isnt like an elite prospect.  It speaks on how our farm system isnt the strongest at this point.  But I still dont like the trade.  Massive overpay.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom