2016 MLB thread. THE CUBS HAVE BROKEN THE CURSE! Chicago Cubs are your 2016 World Series champions

Status
Not open for further replies.
for some athletes it's hard to see them translating to today.. but for others you can definitely see how their skills would translate or they would still excel

Idk how you can put Bonds hat high when he was so awful in the postseason compared to his regular season Numbers.

Amirite

Just like CP, I don't judge the old days of baseball players

Pedro Martinez is the greatest pitcher in my eyes

He put up ridiculous numbers in the steroid era. Not only steroid era, Fenway Park is a hitter friendly ballpark as well

Last edited:

I think its a fair point about Ruth, regardless if you guys do or not.  He was striking out at a very high rate at a time where players werent striking out much at all.  I think it is only logical to assume that if he played in the modern era, his strikeout numbers would be even higher.

Not saying I think he does or doesnt deserve to be #4 on the list.  Just think the logic isnt as dumb as you guys are thinking it is.

It doesn't mean it's so linear that he's Adam Dunn :lol:

I think its a fair point about Ruth, regardless if you guys do or not.  He was striking out at a very high rate at a time where players werent striking out much at all.  I think it is only logical to assume that if he played in the modern era, his strikeout numbers would be even higher.

Not saying I think he does or doesnt deserve to be #4 on the list.  Just think the logic isnt as dumb as you guys are thinking it is.
It doesn't mean it's so linear that he's Adam Dunn
laugh.gif
Obviously its not.  But I still think its a fairly valid point, regardless of the silly comparison to Adam Dunn.

Just like CP, I don't judge the old days of baseball players

Pedro Martinez is the greatest pitcher in my eyes

He put up ridiculous numbers in the steroid era. Not only steroid era, Fenway Park is a hitter friendly ballpark as well

I'll take Maddux :pimp:

My favorite pitcher growing up (aside from the A's Big 3) 
pimp.gif

Him in a Mets/Philly jersey was weird AF!

Last edited:
Pedro Martinez, Greg Maddux, Roger Clemens, David Cone, and Randy Johnson were my favorite pitchers from the 90s
Would be a deadly starting rotation

Messina has always been one of my favorite 90s/00s guy.

Very interesting situation with Kershaw, wonder when we'll see him back this season... if at all :wow: .

Not a hockey guy, but I can get down with this logic.

I am curious to hear what your thoughts are on what was written about Babe Ruth in the article.  Kind of goes against your "all time greats are all time greats, regardless of era" argument. 

I mean dude was a HOF caliber pitcher and then became the greatest hitter to ever live.

Dude was pretty clearly an elite natural athlete.

Plus he was fat, and fat dudes who play sports are always freak athletes. :lol:

Plus we have metrics that factor the rest of the league and Babe even with his 200 strikeouts was by far the best hitter in the game.

Clemens had more longevity, but Pedro had the highest peak of anyone ever. '99 Pedro > *

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom