2016 MLB thread. THE CUBS HAVE BROKEN THE CURSE! Chicago Cubs are your 2016 World Series champions

Status
Not open for further replies.
As he was ascending the Chicago Cubs’ minor league system, Kyle Schwarber was referred to by more than one scout as an “ox.” In the kindest terms, naturally. And now with Cashman, the New York Yankees’ general manager, controlling the July trade market with his cache of dominant relievers, he gets to covet whomever he pleases. And atop that list is Schwarber, whose monstrous left-handed swing is made for Yankee Stadium. "Cash thinks he can hit 50 home runs there,” one source with knowledge of the Yankees’ plans said.

http://yhoo.it/29Ha3nL

:nerd: :nerd: :nerd:

Last edited:
As he was ascending the Chicago Cubs’ minor league system, Kyle Schwarber was referred to by more than one scout as an “ox.” In the kindest terms, naturally. And now with Cashman, the New York Yankees’ general manager, controlling the July trade market with his cache of dominant relievers, he gets to covet whomever he pleases. And atop that list is Schwarber, whose monstrous left-handed swing is made for Yankee Stadium. "Cash thinks he can hit 50 home runs there,” one source with knowledge of the Yankees’ plans said.

http://yhoo.it/29Ha3nL

:nerd: :nerd: :nerd:

Never. Gonna. Happen.

If Theo was like "Chapman for Schwarber straight up", I'm driving Chap to JFK myself for his flight.

But it would probably take more than that just b/c he's a FA at the end of the season.

Last edited:
We Miller, Chapman and a Starter for Schwarber. We want/need to win it all this year. We could always get Schwarber back in a few years.

We Miller, Chapman and a Starter for Schwarber. We want/need to win it all this year. We could always get Schwarber back in a few years.
roll.gif

roll.gif

roll.gif

roll.gif

roll.gif

roll.gif

roll.gif

roll.gif

roll.gif

roll.gif

Why does everyone want Matt Stairs v.2 so badly?  I dont see it.

Why does everyone want Matt Stairs v.2 so badly?  I dont see it.
I'm with you. Schwarber isnt an untouchable guy to me.

I like Schwarber but some people acting like dude is the second coming of Christ himself.

He is equal to Kris Bryant in the front office's eyes. A front office with a fairly great resume in the scouting department.

Bryant is the better overall player, Schwarber very well may be the better overall hitter.

Neither are getting dealt anytime soon.

Still a shame that him being voted on somehow led to the best SS in the National League being left off the squad.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom