2016 MLB thread. THE CUBS HAVE BROKEN THE CURSE! Chicago Cubs are your 2016 World Series champions

Status
Not open for further replies.
1986 Mets:

Game 1: loss by 1

Game 2: loss by 6

2015 Mets:

Keep in mind, Erin Andrews is 37 now. Her prime was slightly before leaving ESPN. She was struggling out there Game 2, clearly starting to lose her voice.

I don't like Dale Sveum as a manager, but he's done a great job since taking over as hitting coach early-2014. Very aggressive approach through two 2015 World Series games. Swinging early and often.

My boy Hosmer making me proud with the last two Royals postseason runs. Been waiting for him and Lawrie to break out forever. Uncharacteristic fielding mishap in Game 1 (8th inning). Him and "Moose" legit with the glove work. Hosmer just hits better in the postseason, and better with runners on.

With that being said, Alcides Escobar is currently the WS MVP with KC halfway there. Sick defense and racking up record-pace hits.

This series is far from over. Ventura is not unflappable, as much as I like him. He's had a roller coaster year and trouble controlling his emotions/head. "Thor" pitches better at home and Citi should be lit. The turning point could be NYM's second look at Young in G4 and how Matz handles WS pressure. Never know 'til you're in the moment.

1986 Mets:

2015 Mets:

@rwesthead: Source: In their 1st & only meeting, new Jays prez Mark Shapiro scolded Alex Anthopolous & staff for trading so many top prospects this yr

@rwesthead: Source: In their 1st & only meeting, new Jays prez Mark Shapiro scolded Alex Anthopolous & staff for trading so many top prospects this yr

I hate when this gets brought up.

1. I HATE when people talk about the prospects we traded. We didn't give up Joc Penderson, or Severino or Carlos Corea. :lol:

We didn't give up dead lock, brink of big legues super elite prospects. We gave up guys with plenty of risk. Guys who ALEX ANTHOPOLOS has had a track record of finding and developing. Syndergaard was considered a reach by the Alex, Daniel Norris was 4th rounders, with zero ability to throw strikes. Miguel Castro another pure arm stregth guy who wasn't considered a good prospect until recently. Could they become good? Sure. But to act like they weren't a fair price to pay to give a team with world series talent a chance to make it their is SOOO STUPID.

2. SCARED MONEY DON'T MAKE NONE.

Our point differential was too big to let slip away, this was it, THIS WAS THE TIME and Alex correctly saw that and acted.

You can let opportunities pass, because you might have to wait ANOTHER 22 years for another one to appear.

Last edited:
Jeff Hoffman has electric stuff. TJ guy but his potential is pretty high.

Fact of the matter is, this guy traded a future stud with three plus pitches who hits 100 mph for a knuckleballer.

Fact of the matter is, this guy traded a future stud with three plus pitches who hits 100 mph for a knuckleballer.

HE DIDN'T HAVE 3 PLUS PITCHES AT THE TIME. :lol:

He had a straight fast ball with no out pitch.

Trust me man I remember.

If you are scared of trading prospects because some of them might be good then you should never trade any. :lol:

HE DIDN'T HAVE 3 PLUS PITCHES AT THE TIME. :lol:

He had a straight fast ball with no out pitch.

Trust me man I remember.

If you are scared of trading prospects because some of them might be good then you should never trade any. :lol:
I have no problem with trading prospects but you don't trade a 6'6" viking throwing 100 mph at 18 for a knuckleballer :lol:

I have no problem with trading prospects but you don't trade a 6'6" viking throwing 100 mph at 18 for a knuckleballer :lol:

Hindsight 20/20

Joba Chamberlain was 100 mph fastball guy with wack out pitches and the Yankee's refused to trade him. How did that work out?

Not only was Dickey was throwing a pitch that has a track record of getting better well into a pitchers 40's.

Obviously the results didn't workout but like I siad, it's the risk of trading prospects.

Scared money don't make none.

Last edited:
Yankees ruined Joba.

I'll give AA credit for Bautista, Encarnacion, finding guys like Pillar and Colabello. But that's where I draw the line. Thor for Dickey is gonna be one of the worst trades in baseball history. I still think Russell Martin is grossly overpaid. He made a nice move getting Donaldson but that was aided by Beane being emotional. Tulo deal was ok, not a fan of it because of the financial ramifications, however. The Price deal was worth it. Really only gave up Norris and two guys who probably become relievers at best.

I use to follow minor leagues HEAVY. If their is one thing I've learned outside of super elite guys, people become overly attached to mid level prospects.
Yankees ruined Joba.

I'll give AA credit for Bautista, Encarnacion, finding guys like Pillar and Colabello. But that's where I draw the line. Thor for Dickey is gonna be one of the worst trades in baseball history. I still think Russell Martin is grossly overpaid. He made a nice move getting Donaldson but that was aided by Beane being emotional. Tulo deal was ok, not a fan of it because of the financial ramifications, however. The Price deal was worth it. Really only gave up Norris and two guys who probably become relievers at best.

So with they "ruined" Joba? So your saying their is development that needs to happen to take good prospect to elite major leaguer? hmmmmmm...

Unless you said that at the time it happened im uninterested in your hindsight analysis.

Syndergaard wasn't a super elite prospect at the time no amount of hindsight will change that reality.

AA is not perfect but firing him becuase some prospect he traded worked out is dumb.

Last edited:
Well I loved the trade at the time and obviously the guy running the Mets loved it. Clearly people saw who Syndergaard could become. Like I said, it makes no sense trading a power arm at 18 who's 6'6" for a knuckleballer. Doesn't matter if guys get better with age, he's a damn butterfly thrower.

Yankees ruined Joba by putting these rules and jerking him around between reliever and starter. Guy never had a concrete role to utilize his stuff.

ESPN Stats & Info Verified account  ‏@ESPNStatsInfo · 27m27 minutes ago
Don Mattingly reportedly has been hired as manager of Marlins, whose payroll doesn’t measure up to the Dodgers’

Wth are the Jays doing letting Anthopolous go like that??? Really thought that he did more than enough to warrant an extension,guess the new team prez thought the opposite.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom