• Scooby Wright

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Adoree' Jackson

• Other

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Apparently, two weeks ago UGA quietly upped Gurley's insurance policy to $10 million.

Conspiracy theorists may say it was to convince him to play instead of sitting out the rest of the year.
$5 million for total disability if Gurley got injured and never played again and $5 million in loss of value insurance, which would kick in if Gurley injured himself and slipped in the draft.

Last edited:
Aaron Murray is not the same type of player gurley is.

^^this!

Some of yall talking about blessed??? ...craziest thing Ive heard in this thread. I GUARANTEE any rookie RB, any rookie, ANY player would definitely choose going to a bad team over having to recover from an ACL tear...everyday, all day long!

Yeah, some people can "bounce back" and heal up fine and are able to continue playing at an elite level. So many dont. Id never say any player is lucky to gamble on their health just to be on a team with a winning record.

Oh & IF Gurley did have some kind of insurance plan, which I have trouble believeing thats actually true, then good for him. I hate them dawgs and would hate to have to cheer for him on my fav NFL teams, but its such a common sad story for these fellas that put so much into the college game only to end up barely getting a college degree after they get hurt, cant play anymore, or just fall out of favor.

Last edited:
That loss of value insurance def gonna kick in

So did Gurley & his famil take this policy and pay for it themselves? Or did UGA take out this policy, making them the probable beneficiary? Also, does total disability mean that? ...because never being able to play fooltbal doesnt necessarily mean total disability. He can still function in life ... I would suppose. These insurance policy wordings can be tricky

edit: looks like UGA would not get a cut in any case. (Guess they already made their money off him, lol) So still, good for Gurley. I dont like him, but hope he does make a full recovery!

Last edited:

can someone school me on this?
The NCAA OK'd loans against future earnings insurance this year.

So basically the schools can take out insurance policies for their players, in this case UGA for Gurley, and UGA would cover the insurance payments but wouldn't benefit from the policy pay out. Gurley gets $5 mil if he slips in the draft this year, which he undoubtedly will at this point unless he makes a miraculous recovery, and will have to pay back UGA for the cost of taking out the policy at a later date — whatever number of thousands of dollars.

Last edited:

So did Gurley & his famil take this policy and pay for it themselves? Or did UGA take out this policy, making them the probable beneficiary? Also, does total disability mean that? ...because never being able to play fooltbal doesnt necessarily mean total disability. He can still function in life ... I would suppose. These insurance policy wordings can be tricky

edit: looks like UGA would not get a cut in any case. (Guess they already made their money off him, lol) So still, good for Gurley. I dont like him, but hope he does make a full recovery!

uga pays it

I didn't even realize the NCAA OK'd schools waiving the pay back. So basically, everything I said, except if the school chooses, the player doesn't have to pay back the loan:
But schools have taken different approaches to the insurance. A new rule allows schools to use their Student Assistance Fund to help pay for those insurance policies and Florida State and Texas A&M are footing the bill for the policies covering Winston and Ogbuehi.

Oregon wasn’t paying for the insurance on Mariota initially, but reversed its field after getting a clarification from the NCAA that doing so would not be a violation.

The NCAA OK'd loans against future earnings insurance this year.

So basically the schools can take out insurance policies for their players, in this case UGA for Gurley, and UGA would cover the insurance payments but wouldn't benefit from the policy pay out. Gurley gets $5 mil if he slips in the draft this year, which he undoubtedly will at this point unless he makes a miraculous recovery, and will have to pay back UGA for the cost of taking out the policy at a later date — whatever number of thousands of dollars.
repped

Last edited:
I'm sorry, but what must Trey Williams do to get more carries?

8.8, 6.4, 13.3, 9.4, 7.7, 6.0 are his yards per carry in 6 of his 11 games this season.

Games that exceed 6 yards per carry
Williams - 6.
Tra Carson - 2.

Even with all that being true, he's only been given double-digit carries in two games for Texas A&M.

I'm sorry, but what must Trey Williams do to get more carries?

8.8, 6.4, 13.3, 9.4, 7.7, 6.0 are his yards per carry in 6 of his 11 games this season.

Games that exceed 6 yards per carry
Williams - 6.
Tra Carson - 2.

Even with all that being true, he's only been given double-digit carries in two games for Texas A&M.

I've been baffled by Trey's use during his whole time at a&m. They def aren't utilizing his talent.

He needs to be used like a Sproles/Reggie Bush type player. For the love of god, throw him some balls out of the backfield and get him in space.

Smh at Dooley ******* us so bad. Jalen Ramsey posed to be a Vol. Man. Smh him and Cam would have been EPIC

I wish Ramsey was a vol to :smh:

Nah, B. Ramsey belonged to us til Dre "Chick" Deagan got in his ear :frown:

zqeOyag.gif

:D

Last edited:
Urban Meyer propping up Minnesota every chance he gets because all that's left on the schedule is Indiana and Michigan and they don't play Wisconsin or Nebraska at all.

Barrett and Bosa are rolling, however.

Back
Top Bottom