• Scooby Wright

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Adoree' Jackson

• Other

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
ESPN 300 safety Marvel Tell took an official visit to Oregon this past weekend, and he also recently revealed that his other official trips will go to Vanderbilt, Oklahoma, Notre Dame and Texas A&M. USC is noticeably missing from that list, but Tell is still heavily considering the Trojans as well as the crosstown Bruins. He has long maintained that he would rather take unofficials to the local schools.
silent commit...

NSFW: It's Meltdown Time! Week Two

20140906_mjm_sq8_356.JPG.0_standard_783.0.jpg

This week's edition of our shameless revelry in the misery of others.

For week two, we had no trouble figuring out which fanbases to highlight. First up are the Michigan fans who are ready to send Hoke and Nussmeier packing after a historic beatdown in South Bend, the first time Michigan has ever been shut out by the Irish, in the last installment of that storied rivalry. After that we have the Buckeyes from "The" Ohio State University who were clearly not expecting to lose in the horseshoe to Virginia Tech and didn't take it well. At all. Last but not least, Texas was destroyed by BYU... need I say more? Any time the 'Horns are involved, the warning carries a bit of extra weight. If you are offended by incomprehensible, vile language then read no further. You have been warned.

adcheer.0_standard_709.0_medium.gif

http://www.rollbamaroll.com/2014/9/...n-time-week-two-ohio-buckeyes-texas-longhorns

Last edited:
Michigan and Texas are negotiating a home and home series in the early 2020's. In theory enough time for both schools to not be disasters but a battle of tire fires might be more entertaining at this point.

did we just forget about Stanford the last 2 years?

Not at all.

Against Stanford in 2012, Oregon was in the redzone on a number of occasions but failed to execute. It took a missed field goal and a very suspect catch by Ertz to even send the game into OT. That game could have easily gone the other way in Oregon's favor. Sure, they weren't able to put up 60 points and 400 yards on the ground, but let's face it, Stanford was a very good team. If DAT makes that block for Mariota, is the game dictated differently? As I said in my previous post, I don't expect Oregon to blow out very well coached and talented teams.

In 2013, Oregon again failed to convert in the redzone again on a number of drives. Key fumbles and drops in the first half killed any momentum they might have had and changed the the tempo of the game. If DAT doesn't fumble the ball at the three yard line, does that change the gameplan? With Stanford up a couple of touchdowns, they knew they just needed to maintain that lead and run the ball to milk the clock. By the time Oregon started to execute better in the 4Q, they ran out of time and couldn't make up the mistakes they had in first half.

Don't get me wrong, I'm not saying that Stanford shouldn't get credit for those wins. They played the better game those nights and deserved those wins. I just think people are too quick to say "Oregon is a weak team physically. They can't play with the big boys." when they absolutely had their chances to change the outcomes of those games.

Not at all.

Against Stanford in 2012, Oregon was in the redzone on a number of occasions but failed to execute. It took a missed field goal and a very suspect catch by Ertz to even send the game into OT. That game could have easily gone the other way in Oregon's favor. Sure, they weren't able to put up 60 points and 400 yards on the ground, but let's face it, Stanford was a very good team. If DAT makes that block for Mariota, is the game dictated differently? As I said in my previous post, I don't expect Oregon to blow out very well coached and talented teams.

In 2013, Oregon again failed to convert in the redzone again on a number of drives. Key fumbles and drops in the first half killed any momentum they might have had and changed the the tempo of the game. If DAT doesn't fumble the ball at the three yard line, does that change the gameplan? With Stanford up a couple of touchdowns, they knew they just needed to maintain that lead and run the ball to milk the clock. By the time Oregon started to execute better in the 4Q, they ran out of time and couldn't make up the mistakes they had in first half.

Don't get me wrong, I'm not saying that Stanford shouldn't get credit for those wins. They played the better game those nights and deserved those wins. I just think people are too quick to say "Oregon is a weak team physically. They can't play with the big boys." when they absolutely had their chances to change the outcomes of those games.

Did not read.

Still 0 national championships.

At least Miami won National Titles when television existed. I remember those. My great grandma doesn't remember when Texas A&M won ****.

Last edited:
Y'all know I was just trolling the novel that was defending Oregon. Leave my Aggies out of this lol

...but for real, that' 1919 juggernaut didn't give up a single point during the whole season.
View media item 1174602

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom