2015-2016 NBA Regular Season - MDA to HOU - All-NBA - Harden snubbed - Anthony Davis is broke

Status
Not open for further replies.
I think there's a level of 'star' that gets reached when someone's still in their prime (like Durant) where it's a questionable decision to leave a place to join up with a star who's definitively better than you. If you don't have a championship yet, and you're not even 1A on the team you're latching onto, I must downgrade your legacy. I just gotta.

It's a situation where you were once considered the future of the NBA, and while you're still a superstar in that future (on the MVP ballot this year along with Russ) and you go to be second banana with Steph (ultimately what he'd be, in 2016-17 and each season beyond he'd be 1A/B), you're ceding any label that would involve you being a competitor. In LeBron's case, he left to be 1 and in that first year - 1A. BUT even in that first year LeBron was a 'better' player than DWade unquestionably even if the argument DWade played better than LeBron in that season as a whole isn't ridiculous, off-base. LeBron was still a better player regardless.

Durant wouldn't be leaving his OKC team for someone else's team like GSW to be the best player on that team, he would be going to latch onto Steph Curry's greatness.

In 2016-17 and the seasons that follow, it might be tough to say Durant would even be 1A to Curry, who doesn't have anywhere near the same accumulation of injuries over the years and doesn't have the Durant body that projects injuries at like age 33-34.

Last edited:
Since defensive advanced stats are somewhat still hidden and not a clear cut to read as offensive stats, it is really hard to argue how great of a defender ANYONE is because people are simply using the eye test.

And we know that eye tests usually side to whatever the brain wants to see.

lmaoooooo my man just called the fans jerkoff's hahahahahahahahahahahaahahahahahahahahahahahahahahaha

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom