2015-2016 NBA Regular Season - MDA to HOU - All-NBA - Harden snubbed - Anthony Davis is broke

Status
Not open for further replies.

The Process wasn't a flawed idea in theory.. but the 76ers overt way of going about it clearly wasn't ideal. The scrubs they put on the floor, the culture they lacked, and the general circus their team proved to be the last few years did not win over any fans who were on the fence with "the process".

I respect that they recognized needing to win big in the draft and went after the tank with such fervor.. but when one guy hasn't seen the floor in Embiid, and the other guy is a one-dimensional post scorer, they didn't quite hit like they needed to. If Embiid plays and shows his potential, if they were a pick higher and got Russell or KAT, etc., then this whole thing looks different. If they try to establish an identity, had some vets to guide the process, and had some sort of structure involved.. maybe Hinkie is still there.

It just goes to show you how much luck is involved. Orlando is another example of not quite getting that top pick you need to get your star. A different outcome results in Philly having Noel/Dlo/Jabari (or any number of combinations). and a promising future heading forward with another top pick to trade or draft with. But that's how it works out. The jury is still out on Embiid but most of us don't want to hold our breath.. Okafor and Noel can't really play together.. and then they have another pick coming so we'll see. 

I wonder if Hinkie just saw the writing on the wall that he won't be around much longer or what.. because this seems odd. Maybe he was ashamed they won that 10th game and quit on general principle.

How about them stock-piling big men while the league drifts further and further away from bigs.  
Hindsight is 20/20 but he did pick the best available talent at the time.

Welp.. Looks like Philly getting the #1 now that Hinkie is out
pimp.gif
and then the 4th pick from the Lakers
pimp.gif
..folloq that up with trading Jah for anything.. future is bright for the 76ers off that resignation alone.
the league wont allow that laker pick to go anywhere else then LA.

the NBA allows Hinkie's plan but they don't like it

NBA is the worst league when it comes to parity and they don't do anything to fix it so tanking is the only real option, Hinkie just took it to a new level

Football is single elimination playoffs & your best player doesn't play offense & defense, Baseball your best batter can only bat once every 9 times you're at bat and your best starting pitcher doesn't ever play 4-7 straight games. Your best pitcher period doesnt start AND finish the every single game.

Apples to oranges.

Last edited:
Saw that Grayson Allen is going back to Duke.

Was he considered a first rounder? And can someone give a brief description on the depth of this year's draft? I thought it was a strong draft class but I'm hearing otherwise. Besides the top guys (Simmons, Ingram) I really have no idea...

How about them stock-piling big men while the league drifts further and further away from bigs.  

Nothing wrong with that. You're not going to out-smallball Golden State in the West or Cleveland in the East. You need someone at the 5 that Draymond/Tristan can't defend nor keep off the glass.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom