2013 NFL Draft thread - ( Early Entrees, Mocks, Combine etc )

I think next year's WR class will be even better. And Corners will be DEEEEEEP. (Barring injuries and with a few JR's of course)

im watching dion jordan highlights , dude is looks FAST out there but he doesnt have

any moves to actually beat guys , im not really seeing him takeover the game 

one of those guys you have to account for because he's really long and fast

but isnt a man child , looks fast enough to play in space or coverage

just by looking at this highlight real you can tell he's gonna DESTROY

the cone drills , special athlete

Last edited:
guy i went to highschool with will be on the south team in the senior bowl, im excited, i think he can do well in the NFL, his name is Garrett Gilkey if anyone cares lol

guy i went to highschool with will be on the south team in the senior bowl, im excited, i think he can do well in the NFL, his name is Garrett Gilkey if anyone cares lol
i really cant say ive heard of him but 6'7'' 320 pound outside tackle looks good on paper

• Florida St. QB E.J. Manuel was the worst of the three quarterbacks for the South. It seems as though Manuel was trying to showcase his arm strength, which is excellent, but he didn't change speeds much and was basically gunning everything. Manuel clearly has all of the physical tools but may be more of a thrower than passer and will require development but it's easy to love those measurables.

• Florida St. ILB Vince Williams is stiff and a liability in coverage, which may limit him a two-down run thumper role in the pros.

• Florida St. DT Everett Dawkins and South Florida DT Cory Grissom failed to make much of an impact. Dawkins in particular didn't look great in the positional drills which is a concern for a guy who is supposed to compensate for his lack of size with top athleticism. The good news is there is only one direction to go tomorrow.

:lol:

Hope the lions go DB.
Dee Milliner :smokin

Dude, why do other Lions fans want this guy. Hell, there are people on other boards still clamoring for Manti Te'o at the 5th pick. Those guys aren't worth it there. Lions have missed to many previous drafts. They need to get a sure thing impact player. Would like to see a DE.

Those who believe that Manuel will be able to take things to the next level point to an NFL that now accepts and develops athletic quarterback prospects, meets them halfway in a playbook sense, and reaps the rewards sooner than later.

It all came together during the Wednesday South team practice, and Manuel looked a cut above fellow quarterbacks Landry Jones and Tyler Wilson. He made several throws across his body with accuracy and velocity, and showed nice touch on a deep seam throw. Add in his ability to run boot action and read option packages, and Manuel starts to look a bit more like the kind of player the right kind of team could build an offense around.

Detroit Lions offensive coordinator Scott Linehan, who is running the offense for the South team this week, has been impressed.

"He's in a good position because he's got a good background," Linehan said this week. "I'm somewhat familiar with some of the things they do with Coach [Jimbo] Fisher from when he was at LSU, and it translates well to the NFL. [Manuel] has got a good background of a really pro-style offense -- the typical stuff that drop-back teams do, and then the spread stuff you see from the kind of new-age football we're seeing right now."

Manuel ran the offense out of a no-huddle about 70 percent of the time by his own estimation last season, and he almost went West to play for Oregon's Chip Kelly, who runs it better than anyone else these days. Catching up with Kelly, who now coaches the Philadelphia Eagles, was a good experience for Manuel.

http://sports.yahoo.com/blogs/nfl-s...t-e-j-manuel-sets-himself-141055456--nfl.html

Marcus Trufant making an impression, may slide into the 2nd or 3rd CB taken. (Which would mean first round)

Our #1 need is and has been DB. Dline??? Mightt as well take a WR at 5. Come on man.

If the dudes they drafted last year are healthy and the bring back Houston we don't need to take a corner in the first. Especially if Avril leaves. Considering our cap situation it's going to be easier to keep Houston and let Avril walk.

:lol:

Yeah its confusing. I stay calling Desmond "Marcus" when I watch them play on TV. There are 3 Trufant Brothers

Marcus, Isaiah & Desmond. Elder 2 are already in the League, Desmond is next :smokin

Last edited:
Nassib stinking it up so far at the Senior Bowl. Not a good look for him considering he had a bad week.

Vince, D-Hop, Dawkins & EJ all had good showings :pimp:

That Duke Williams guy from Nevada was everywhere

Ziggy Ansah had a nice game and on the other hand I didn't really see anything out the ordinary from Margus Hunt from SMU

All you gotta do is convince one team to fall in love w/ you or think they can fix your issues

But yeah that '11 film especially ain't gonna be kind at all to him :smh:

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom